epcot or epcoy?

dazzer68

Original Poster
experimental protype community of tomorrow or
experimental protype community of yesterday??
seems like the place is falling apart from what i hear....im going in 17 days time like to see for myself all the debate about the place

peter11435

dazzer68 said:
seems like the place is falling apart from what i hear....im going in 17 days time like to see for myself all the debate about the place
Epcot is doing fine. Its better now than its been in a decade. Sure there are some problems but every park has that. Don't worry you will have a great time.

DisneyWales

Epcot

Epcot is my Favourite park at WDW, but it wasn't until my second trip to WDW did I fall in love with it. On my first trip I did feel it was a bit dated, like the Simpsons say, "its what people in the 70's thought life would be like in the 90's".

But it is shaking that image, With The Land, Test Track, Mission: Space and the living Seas all adding a new lease of live to Epcot.

Plus World Showcase is the best experiance I've had anywhere in the World. Where else can you eat, shop, and talk to people from all round the world.

Illuminations still rocks 5 years on (While I do miss the inferno barge it still rocks).

While a few extra rides would be out of place here in Epcot, its is far from being Epcoy. The themes and stories told here are relevent to any age. The Land, the Seas, Space, Energy, and our community (plus all the other pavillions) will always be valid to mankind.

tigsmom

I'm going to agree, EPCOT looks wonderful and we always have fun when visiting. Relax and enjoy your trip. :wave:

debpeduz

Epcot is my favorite park as well. Like it has already been said, there are some refurbishments happening right now, but it will soon pass. I think Disney is doing a great job at trying to add to Future World. With the addition of Mission Space, Turtle Talk with Crush and Soarin, I think they are moving in the right direction.
I can't tell you enough about how great World Showcase is. I have traveled outside of the U.S. and for the small space that a pavillion takes up, they do a good job of representing each country with food, drink, culture and shopping. Any time we get to, my family and I have our room reservation at the Boardwalk, the Beach Club or the Yacht Club so that we can walk into Epcot through the back entrance and visit the coutries for dinner or entertainment any time we want to. Is is so convenient!
I am leaving for Disney in 3 days, if there is anything to report, I will let you know.
Happy Travels!

Fantasmic!329

Epcot is my favorite park! If you go in looking for the negatives, you will find them. The same is true for looking for the positives.

Enjoy your trip!

DisneyWales

Fantasmic!329 said:
If you go in looking for the negatives, you will find them. The same is true for looking for the positives.

Enjoy your trip!

I think this should be THE new quote about anything to do with the Parks from now on.:sohappy:

Uponastar

I still enjoy EPCOT. Most evenings of our stay in WDW, we end up at the World Showcase. I couldn't imagine WDW without it.
Future World is in a state of change. But these things take time. Mission:Space and Soarin' have certainly been positive additons and I'm sure more is to come.

If you see Epcot as a park in the normal sense of the word, it is a wonderful place.

If you see Epcot as a park in the Six Flags sense, then it is incredibly boring.

Thankfully, there are enough Six Flags scattered across the country for people looking for fast rides and minimal theming (they even built one right next to the old Universal Studios up by International Drive), so that the folks looking for a nice day of expiriencing (relatively) new and old things can do so without a roller coaster or hoard of high schoolers roaring by.

And they serve many types of beer. :)

-Billy

Tim G

dazzer68 said:
If you feel that way about EPCOT, I would advise you NOT to go... :lookaroun

TTATraveler

Walk into any theme park with a negative attitude or the idea that it is not as good as something else and you will surely have a bad experience. I personally like Epcot and always have. I am sad to see Horizions, World of Motion, and the original JII gone but overall like the changes they have made so far.

RonAnnArbor

What?

I've never talked to anyone who feels that the "place is falling apart". In fact, most people who go to WDW regularly consider this their favorite park. SOARIN', by the way, is an amazing addition - so amazing, in fact, that fast passes are usually all gone within an hour of the park's opening. Either get there early and ride it first, or get there early and get a fastpass. When I was there before the holidays, the fast passes at 10:15 a.m. were already for returns at 8:00 pm.

puckchuck

EPCOT or bust!

I don't know when or how it happened, but somewhere along the line I fell completely in love with this park. Maybe it was the first time I ventured into Ellen's Energy Adventure, an attraction which I'd always avoided (assuming it to be a big ol' bore) in the past, only to instantly have it become a Must-See list-topper. Maybe it was the first time I bawled like a baby (did I admit that in public?) during Illuminations. Or maybe it was the first time I sat in the Rose & Crown and listened as people laughed, shared memories of the day, sang along and, of course, tossed back a pint or two.

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but it is very likely that EPCOT is my favorite park. Of course, if you ask me about the Magic Kingdom, I'll suddenly realize why IT is my favorite park!

JT3000

billybluenose said:
If you see Epcot as a park in the normal sense of the word, it is a wonderful place.

If you see Epcot as a park in the Six Flags sense, then it is incredibly boring.

Thankfully, there are enough Six Flags scattered across the country for people looking for fast rides and minimal theming (they even built one right next to the old Universal Studios up by International Drive), so that the folks looking for a nice day of expiriencing (relatively) new and old things can do so without a roller coaster or hoard of high schoolers roaring by.

And they serve many types of beer. :)

-Billy

Uhh, there's no Six Flags in Orlando. And if you were comparing IOA to a Six Flags, you're out of your mind. :lookaroun

Connor002

Epcoy has a nice ring to it... :lookaroun

No really, I'm not sure where you're hearing that Epcot is falling apart, because it's probably recieve the most attention in the past years. With the exception of WoL and UoE, Epcot is doing well.

Empress Room

JT3000 said:
Uhh, there's no Six Flags in Orlando. And if you were comparing IOA to a Six Flags, you're out of your mind. :lookaroun

I'd have to disagree. IOA, despite a lot more theming than your typical Six Flags, is more closely related to that genre than to any Disney park. Its narrow walkways, omnipresent roller coasters and teeny bopper feel (although enjoyable at a certain level) cannot compare to the theming of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom