Epcot Monorail

BaconPancakes

Original Poster
Forgive me if there’s already a thread open on this subject, but does anyone know when the Epcot monorail will be open again?

castlecake2.0

probably not until Covid restrictions are removed as they need the additional capacity on the MK beams right now. Once they can fill the monorails normally and bring back the additional cast needed to work the Epcot stations it should return.

BaconPancakes

Original Poster
probably not until Covid restrictions are removed as they need the additional capacity on the MK beams right now. Once they can fill the monorails normally and bring back the additional cast needed to work the Epcot stations it should return.
Any hope that will be this summer?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Currently no ETA unfortunately. If I were to guess I’d probably say not till next year, but that’s just a guess. They’re currently doing a deep clean of the Epcot beam, so it is getting some attention which is good.

The only section of monorail track I saw that still needs cleaning was outside of Epcot heading towards World Dr. Every other section I saw on the MK loops and the loop inside Epcot were all very clean.

And my guess is the Epcot loop likely won’t return until later this year at the earliest.

castlecake2.0

The only section of monorail track I saw that still needs cleaning was outside of Epcot heading towards World Dr. Every other section I saw on the MK loops and the loop inside Epcot were all very clean.

And my guess is the Epcot loop likely won’t return until later this year at the earliest.
Yah they’ve done a lot! They were doing the stretch on world drive the other day, but on the side furthest from the street. They must be getting close to completion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom