Epcot Live Cam

wainy

Webcam

Come on, I might as well look at one of my old EPCOT pictures than look at this webcam picture. Total waste of time!

Come on Disney, bring back the original webcams!!

ToTBellHop

Come on, I might as well look at one of my old EPCOT pictures than look at this webcam picture. Total waste of time!

Come on Disney, bring back the original webcams!!
they have several very reasonable reasons for not having those webcams anymore--one involving terrorism, and another being that it allows competition to snoop around and see attendance levels at the Disney parks (and strategize their own efforts, accordingly). Still a third being that Disney likes people to think it is sunny in FL all day, every day, so having a camera covered in water droplets is less than ideal. Then you have the maintenance costs of having a camera working all day, every day, especially during the intense weather of summer. For the small minority of us that actually would watch a webcam, it just makes more sense for Disney to post its perfectly posed, sunny-sky pictures.

RiversideBunny

In this age of iPhones and internet, I think it would be neat- and good advertising- for WDW to have one good web cam pointed right down Main Street from the train station, or from the castle maybe, due to the Christmas tree.

Leave it on 24/7.

:)

monorail256

The new prototype Disney Stores that will start opening in the U.S. over the next couple of years are going to have live video feeds from Walt Disney World and Disneyland....

Gives people another excuse to go The Disney Store.

rdour@techminds

Yes, beware. This is one of the items I remove the most from users PCs. They complain about it, but that software is the doorway to spyware.

Instead, just wait until Mac OS X Leopard comes out, and make your very own widget to do the job for ya. Anyone else think this will be a great idea? You can have all of your favorite cams ready to go at the push of a button. I don't use the webcams, but I imagine many people really do like them.

Ryan

sknydave

they have several very reasonable reasons for not having those webcams anymore--one involving terrorism, and another being that it allows competition to snoop around and see attendance levels at the Disney parks (and strategize their own efforts, accordingly). Still a third being that Disney likes people to think it is sunny in FL all day, every day, so having a camera covered in water droplets is less than ideal. Then you have the maintenance costs of having a camera working all day, every day, especially during the intense weather of summer. For the small minority of us that actually would watch a webcam, it just makes more sense for Disney to post its perfectly posed, sunny-sky pictures.

If terrorists and Disney's competition want to see how crowded Epcot is I really doubt they will rely on a still image a few inches tall and wide, updated once a minute.

Well, it's 11:30 pm and the wand isn't lit. Usually, it's lit up till about 2 am. And looking back at the time-lapse, it appears that it wasn't lit during park hours either.

EDIT: See Merf's photos. :)

Baums101

Yes, beware. This is one of the items I remove the most from users PCs. They complain about it, but that software is the doorway to spyware.

Instead, just wait until Mac OS X Leopard comes out, and make your very own widget to do the job for ya. Anyone else think this will be a great idea? You can have all of your favorite cams ready to go at the push of a button. I don't use the webcams, but I imagine many people really do like them.

Ryan
i added it and then when i read this i quickly removed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom