Epcot Lighting Rumor

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
wdwmagic said:
I think some people are getting a bit confused. There are 2 systems that have been used:

1. The laser booth in the American Adventure can deliver laser based graphics to the side of SSE facing World Showcase Lagoon. These graphics are relatively simple line drawings or text. This is the same effect that was used nightly at the end of the old IllumiNations show before it was cut due to cost savings.

2. The new projection system that has been used around July 4 and other select times was a photo-realistic, full color system. Seemed to be based around a high-output conventional light projector, rather than laser based.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve!

mkepcotmgmak said:
Has anyone other than me heard of a new lighting system that Epcot might be using on Spaceship Earth? If i remember what I was told, it will be very hightech, and might produce images onto SE, and might even look like a globe that is actually spinning.

Anyway - am i crazy and dreaming this, or can anyone back me up?

It sounds great, for the time being that is.

when i was there last april they were projecting images onto SSE as you were leaving the park after the fireworks

stuart

It looked really cool when i saw it July 4th so hopefully it will become a permanent feature. If not then hopefully ill see it this July 4th. There didnt seem to be any probs with it either the pics came out quite clear on SSE. Well maybe there was a problem....for the people who were lookin at SSE too much to see walls and poles and people in front of them lol.

Badger Brent

We were surprised to see the graphics on SSE after RoE this holdiday season. Yes, it wasn't the greatest but to us it was a new feature we hadn't seen before. If this other more complex system is used, I would love to think of the endless possibilities with what you could project on SSE.

Is the clarity from the july 4th show anything close to the Fantasmic water laser show? Could they put advertising up on it? How about current wait times?? Future events?? Just wondering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom