Epcot Issues

bubbles1812

Original Poster
Anyone in Epcot today? It’s been a bit of a mess. Frozen went down at least 3 times. The power to both Soarin and Living with the Land went out (that was fun to be evacuated out of). Spaceship Earth briefly glitched as well. (I got to hear the ‘your time machine is turning around’ warning about 30 times in a row)

I also learned my organs no longer like Mission Space: Orange :hungover:. Least I can still hack Test Track. :hilarious:

And I got to listen to STARSHIP sing that long praised song, We Built This City. ;)

If the globe doesn’t work during Illuminations, I’m thinking I might have been hexed by the woman in the ECV who was beeping at me to get out of her way... :cautious: (No, there really wasn’t anywhere else to move, haha, but she clearly felt there was)

This has been the ‘glichiest’ I’ve ever experienced Epcot. Is this new or have I just been lucky?

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I must say, I am a little jealous of you being evac'ed out of Living with the Land...

Frozen going down is fairly normal. We're there storms in the area? That can cause issues. We were at MK a few weeks ago on a stormy night. We had dinner at the Plaza, and the power blinked several times. By the time we got out, basically all of Tomorrowland was closed and part of Fantasyland. We went on PotC and then watched fireworks. It was otherwise a mess.

I haven't been able to go on MS orange for a long time. But I find green quite enjoyable. 🙂

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Honestly doesn't sound like that many issues.
Think about how much these attractions are run.
Its just unfortunate that it seems like there are days where multiple things go down mulitple times and then there's other day when everything is working just fine all day.

At least its better than at DLR where everything is on such a timing sequence that delaying something for 3 seconds screws up the sequence so bad they have to shut rides down for 20 minutes to get them back on track.
Every time I got in a line the attraction shut down. Snow White, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Roger Rabbit, Space Mountain etc would all have to get reset every little while.

HMFan999

It's a real pity Disney can't get their power company to do something about all these recent electrical problems. You'd think such a large theme park would have more clout with their power supplier...

/sarcasm

FutureCEO

Anyone in Epcot today? It’s been a bit of a mess. Frozen went down at least 3 times.

I can't resist the Frozen pun. I've been only on the ride once since it's opened. Not that great of a ride for the wait.

bubbles1812

Original Poster
I must say, I am a little jealous of you being evac'ed out of Living with the Land...

Frozen going down is fairly normal. We're there storms in the area? That can cause issues. We were at MK a few weeks ago on a stormy night. We had dinner at the Plaza, and the power blinked several times. By the time we got out, basically all of Tomorrowland was closed and part of Fantasyland. We went on PotC and then watched fireworks. It was otherwise a mess.

I haven't been able to go on MS orange for a long time. But I find green quite enjoyable. 🙂
There were no storms! The weather was beautiful and I have the sunburn to prove it. I’ve seen Frozen go down before... just not quite that often.

The funniest thing is that yesterday, I got to be evacuated out of the People Mover. Stopped while my car was in Space Mountain. So we were led out along the tracks and it allowed me a solid look at Tron.

Nine Disney trips before this without a single ride evac and then two in two days! More amusing than anything and I did get free fast passes out it, so not too much grumbling here.

StarWarsGirl

There were no storms! The weather was beautiful and I have the sunburn to prove it. I’ve seen Frozen go down before... just not quite that often.

The funniest thing is that yesterday, I got to be evacuated out of the People Mover. Stopped while my car was in Space Mountain. So we were led out along the tracks and it allowed me a solid look at Tron.

Nine Disney trips before this without a single ride evac and then two in two days! More amusing than anything and I did get free fast passes out it, so not too much grumbling here.
I got evac'ed out of PM about that same spot my last trip. I figured on that thing that it was only a matter of time.

They do give you FPs every time you get evac'ed off something, which is nice. I turned around after being evac'ed off of PM and went straight to Space. 😁

Hank Hill

Frozen was down twice on our last trip. We had to walk off splash mountain.
That would be cool. For as much as I've gone, I have only been evacuated from one ride. Primeval Whirl stopped 4 feet from leaving the gate. I had to wait 20 minutes in the sun for a 3 step ladder and 2 CM's to get me down 2 feet from the track. I want to see some backstage areas if I get walked off a ride.

Mickey5150

Epcot is old enough I picture it's electrical similar to the Christmas lights scene in Christmas Vacation. Half the park is plugged into 1 switched outlet that's been hiding in Club Cool. Every time a construction worker flips the switch half of Epcot goes down.

macefamily

We were in Epcot on Saturday. No issues with the rides, but I had other issues. F&W was packed; no problem with that. However, I saw the most collection of hammered idiots I've ever seen there in one day. Forty-something women stumbling around acting like drunk 21 year olds, a family that accumulated by the Hawaii food stand where each one that showed up was drunker than the rest. They were either Italian or Latino (couldn't understand the dialect), but there were many, many N-words and F-words dropped. Very embarrassing. Two guys stopped by my wife and me when we were sitting over by Norway. They could barely stand or speak. But they were damn funny. One thing I noticed was that there were no security guards walking around the show. None.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom