Epcot-Is it worth going right now?

New2WDW

My family and I are going down this October and we were going to go to Epcot for the first time. My question is this: Is it worth going to Epcot right now with all the closures, rehabs, etc that I am hearing about?

Any thoughts are always appreciated!

CAPTAIN HOOK

The closures and re-habs are just a minor inconvenience.
SOARIN' and MISSION:SPACE are the latest attractions in EPCOT plus SPACESHIP EARTH which is an all-time-great.
Add onto this all the countries in WORLD SHOWCASE, the various cuisines to sample and, at the end of the day ILLUMINATIONS.
You can't afford to miss EPCOT

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I just got back Sunday from a trip to WDW. We spent our first day (and EMHs) in EPCOT and had a blast. There is still a lot to see & do. Go, look around and enjoy the day. You can always take another trip later to see how all the renovations turned out. Try to find the good and let go of the bad.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Completely! If you've never been before, Epcot offers a very unique theme park experience that's unlike anything else on Disney property, or pretty much any other park. Disney's fastest attraction is still open at Epcot (Test Track). Disney's most intense and realistic attraction is at Epcot (Mission:Space) and Walt Disney World's newest ride is at Epcot (Soarin'). All three are great reasons to go in themselves. But save for the Living Seas, all other major attractions, pavillions, and shows are operating normally. Go see the live bands all over World Showcase. Go see Ellen battle stupid Judy to be the jeopardy grand champion. And do not miss Reflections of Earth every night over the world showcase.

You will also be there during the International Food and Wine festival. There will be 22 booths from around the world selling appitizer sized portions of food and various adult beverages. Even the most picky eater will find something they like. I recommend South Africa's Durban Spiced Chicken. Even if all of Future World was closed, the food and wine festival would be worth using a day on my ticket.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Go! The place is huge, some great attractions, top notch fireworks and make sure you get a copy of the entertainment schedule - lots of interesting performances throughout World Showcase.

Upvote 0

Erika

I'd go. :)

I usually skip most of Future World anyway (sorry, Grizz). :eek:

To me, World Showcase is the most interesting part. I guess it depends on your family and what its interests are. To me it is all about the food :lol:

Upvote 0

barnum42

Erika said:
I'd go. :)

I usually skip most of Future World anyway (sorry, Grizz). :eek:

To me, World Showcase is the most interesting part. I guess it depends on your family and what its interests are. To me it is all about the food :lol:
There is apparently some interesting new food in The Land :D

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Well....

since no one had any good reasons to go...:rolleyes: ... I guess we will go!

We were and now still are planning to go to Epcot all day on our first day at the World! I just wanted some veteran response to what seemed like a gloomy park visit! Thanks to all for the response!

I still had a couple of questions if any of you have time to answer:

1) Was the Talking with Crush show shut down?

2) Is there any good locations for my little girls to visit characters?

Thanks, again!

Upvote 0

barnum42

New2WDW said:
1) Was the Talking with Crush show shut down?

Living seas is being re-habbed, so that includes Crush.

Characters appear throughout the day, but I don't think there is a specific venue like in Magic Kingdom where they can be found throughout the day. I'm sure others will have hints on this other than check with Guest Relations who can give you timetables for any meet and greets.

Upvote 0

Cinderella Fan

For characters, you can get there early and see the "Characters on Holdiday" bus loaded full of characters. It also drives around the World Showcase througout the day. Also, you can visit the different countries and visit with some characters. Like - Belle and the Beast can be found in France, and Mulan can be found in China, so on. Check with your times guide and any CM to get more specific times.

We just got back and, even though a couple of attractions are in rehab, we had a great time. Like Erika said, to us it is all about the food!! We love to eat at every country! Of course, it takes a couple of trips to Epcot to do that - there are too many great places to eat!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Erika

New2WDW said:

Thanks, again!

It's been a while since we've been there, but we've seen Donald in Mexico, Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie in Morocco, Belle & the Beast in France, Mulan, Mushu, and Shan-Yu in China, and and I am pretty sure I remember seeing Pinocchio & Gepetto in Italy. From what I remember it is pretty hit or miss.

Thre are shows in the countries too that your kids might enjoy. We've seen some incredible child acrobats outside China. That's probably the one that stands out the most.

I did see the character bus one time and that was a lot of fun. That was in '94 though and I know it's changed since then!!!

Upvote 0

righttrack

My advice is to crash and dash Futureworld one morning and get in all you can. Do something else, or come back to World Showcase at around 5pm. Walk, shop, eat, and see Illuminations. Extend your evening by going on the Boardwalk. Don't try to do all of Epcot in one day, its just too big. The attractions are great, but because of the distance between them, planning is required.

Upvote 0

Erika

righttrack said:
My advice is to crash and dash Futureworld one morning and get in all you can. Do something else, or come back to World Showcase at around 5pm. Walk, shop, eat, and see Illuminations. Extend your evening by going on the Boardwalk. Don't try to do all of Epcot in one day, its just too big. The attractions are great, but because of the distance between them, planning is required.

That's a good point- it's a LOT of walking and your kids may tire easily, depending on their ages.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Hey man!

NIU EE said:
my whole family liked soarin better than just about everything at the world.

Have you graduated yet! Last time I spoke with you I think you mentioned you were almost done and on your way to EE stardom!

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Good advice from both of you!

Erika said:
That's a good point- it's a LOT of walking and your kids may tire easily, depending on their ages.

Thanks Erica and Righttrack...
I will keep that in mind! Maybe we hit the future world in the morning and lunch go back to the POP and come back later for the World Showcase and fireworks! So RightTrack - you said around 5:30 would be good on the return time?

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Sorry to hear that!

barnum42 said:
Living seas is being re-habbed, so that includes Crush.

Characters appear throughout the day, but I don't think there is a specific venue like in Magic Kingdom where they can be found throughout the day. I'm sure others will have hints on this other than check with Guest Relations who can give you timetables for any meet and greets.

and I was looking forward to the Crush thing! There are many characters at Epcot that my girls have not yet seen, I believe they will be excited, but I will not tell tham any and just hope we can run into them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom