• Disney's BoardWalk Resort

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyKid239

Original Poster
Like the title says just wondering what everyone’s favorite Epcot hotel is and why?? (And we are not doing any of Vacation Club/swan or dolphin *we stayed at swan/dolphin before and wanted to try a new hotel*)

My family and I are planning a trip and wanted to stay at one of the Epcot hotels

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

This is going to sound really goofy, lol but seriously the Beach club instantly makes me feel happy.
First I love the colors, pastels, greens blues. I love the added decorations. the breezeway connecting it to the villas. I love how when you enter the lobby it never seems "loud" but you get the happy sounds of kids laughing and people going back and forth.

My absolute favorite thing to do? since I get up a lot earlier than my crew, I go across to the boardwalk bakery and get some Joe and a pastry (calories don't count at disney right?) and then I sit in one of the rockers by the Yacht club. OMG talk about food for the soul!! You hear light music plus the sound of maybe one of the boat horns.
yellow sub.JPG

coming home from Epcot at night watching the lights twinkle in the walkway. I love the street lights are not the garish, harsh lights like in my city.

lobby beach club 052.JPG

of course the proximity to Epcot world showcase, one of my favorite areas doesn't hurt. I love it

Last edited:

belledream

This is going to sound really goofy, lol but seriously the Beach club instantly makes me feel happy.
First I love the colors, pastels, greens blues. I love the added decorations. the breezeway connecting it to the villas. I love how when you enter the lobby it never seems "loud" but you get the happy sounds of kids laughing and people going back and forth.
Are you me? Haha, this is seriously every little thing I love about Beach Club.

I was also going to say Beach Club! It's the closest walk to Epcot as well. :)

eliza61nyc

Wonder why Boardwalk is rated higher. No one made any replies about Boardwalk. Inquiring minds want to know.

Boardwalk is nice too, boardwalk gets a little flack for their loooong, seriously long hallways with low ceilings. lol and for their scary clown pool.

002.JPG
023.JPG

it can feel like the Battan death march at the end of a long day.

I think I like the outside of the Boardwalk than I do the inside.

396.JPG
395.JPG

DisneyOutsider

Wonder why Boardwalk is rated higher. No one made any replies about Boardwalk. Inquiring minds want to know.

Boardwalk is a favorite amongst DVC owners for sure. The level of service there tends to be good to excellent by Disney standards, the theming is well done and can be nostalgic for some, and it's in a great location for the shops/restaurants on the boardwalk, as well as walking to both DHS and Epcot.

Personally I prefer the Swan and Dolphin to all of these hotels, but I know you've ruled them out already. I wouldn't hesitate to book at Boardwalk if that's one of your options. The pool at Yacht and Beach is really neat, but it does tend to get very crowded at that pool. If you have kids, they probably don't care how crowded the pool is.

correcaminos

Non DVC is Yacht Club to me. Love the lobby, the rooms, the feel. The food there is better than the others. Nice quiet pool too. Beach Club isn't bad honestly. Different feel. I just like Yacht more. Boardwalk isn't bad, but they have had the worst issues with service for me over time. Last stay wasn't bad, but sometimes they are awful.

No to CBR. Not even on the same level.

That said I like the Swan (or Dolphin) more than Yacht Club truly.

Hula Baloo

I stayed at Beach Club in May and loved it. I think I've decided that out of all the Disney properties I've stayed at, this one's my favorite. The proximity to Epcot is the best. I haven't stayed at Yacht Club, but it seems equal to Beach Club, however, I prefer the interior design for Beach Club more. My only critique is the counter service options are not as great. Basically all the other resorts I've stayed at such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs, Riverside, etc. have large cafeterias to be seated.

winstongator

Like the title says just wondering what everyone’s favorite Epcot hotel is and why?? (And we are not doing any of Vacation Club/swan or dolphin)

My family and I are planning a trip and wanted to stay at one of the Epcot hotels
I prefer the dolphin because location wise it matches yacht, beach and boardwalk, but the price is better. We drive so magical express isn’t an issue. We’ve had luck with the buses there too.

DisneyKid239

Original Poster
I prefer the dolphin because location wise it matches yacht, beach and boardwalk, but the price is better. We drive so magical express isn’t an issue. We’ve had luck with the buses there too.
We’ve stayed at Swan and dolphin before and we wanted to try and different resort should have put that on the post *going to do that now* but we did love it when we went!

winstongator

We’ve stayed at Swan and dolphin before and we wanted to try and different resort should have put that on the post *going to do that now* but we did love it when we went!
We’ve done yacht club, and enjoyed it. My kids (and I) love the slide and pool. Yachtsman was fantastic. We haven’t don’t it but I want to try boardwalk for the extra stuff to do right there.

SeaCastle

Throwing in for Boardwalk here. Beach used to be my favorite but last year's visit to Boardwalk changed my mind. The hotel is very richly themed and the "public" areas off the actual boardwalk are quiet, green and rejuvenating. Restaurant/nightlife options are great but not rowdy. Grab a drink from Bellevue and sit outside in the shade or in the beautiful sitting room when it's raining.

I will say Y&B has a better pool and better QS. For families with kids it may be a better option.

There really isn't a bad one of the bunch as far as epcot resorts go. As a lifelong Jersey Shore resident the general boardwalk area theming is as far as you can get from exotic but it's a classy and convenient locale that makes it the best place to stay in the resort IMO

KTK

My family of 5 have stayed at BC twice, YC three times, and Boardwalk twice. We all love YC the most (though the Epcot resorts are the best IMO). With YC, we like the rooms better, it seems a little quieter compared to the others. Also first pick up by the bus and first drop off by the bus (bus shares with BC). Also get off the boat from HS and you walk straight into the hotel. Closest to HS by boat stops though BW closest if walking. Also at least at last visit, YC was first drop off by Magical Express.

cmb5002

I've stayed at Boardwalk, Dolphin, and Yacht Club. I've also stayed at CB, but don't really consider that an Epcot resort.

Yacht Club was recently refurbed when we went and we loved the room. Amazing pool. My only complaint was that the walk to and from HS is longer than Boardwalk.

Dolphin - I'm not sure if we got a crappy room or what. Prices were good, and the bed was nice, but the room itself was very cramped compared to the other resorts. The bathroom was TINY, small enough that it was difficult to enter the bathroom and actually close the door. Additionally, we were on the 2nd floor but had to use the elevator to leave the building. We prefer to use the stairs whenever possible, and that's relatively easy in the other resorts in the area. The pool was very nice.

Boardwalk is home. Love the resort and the atmosphere, it truly feels like a day at the shore. It has about the most even walks to the parks. Love seeing the performers on the boardwalk when we walk back from Epcot. It has the weakest pool of the Crescent Lake resorts.

Caribbean - it's not in the same category as far as theme and quality. The rooms entrances are exterior access. Haven't in several years so I'm not sure how nice Old Port Royale is. It will soon have Skyliner access to the parks and it is certainly cheaper than the Crescent Lake resorts, but I'd still skip it.

I'd say Boardwalk or Yacht.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Beach Club and/or Yacht Club. Great feel, great pool, great proximity to the IG and Epcot, good bus service to MK and AK.

Dad 2 M & M

Beach Club is our fav Epcot, and further the ONLY Deluxe we'll stay. Do have to say the MK/AK busing for the Epcot Resort Loop is by far the WORST of WDW transportation!!

The ability to walk to BOTH Epcot and Studios is a big +......

Tinker218

I love the Boardwalk and stay there as often as I can. We like staying club level. My husband and I travel alone frequently, but also take family trips. My son has 3 children and is no longer allowed to stay club level at the Yacht or Beach Club. They changed their occupancy rules for club level rooms only for this year. Our trip for 2020 will be at the Boardwalk and I am thrilled!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom