Epcot Horizons & World of Motion

Horizons or World of Motion...Which did you prefer?

• Horizons

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Does anyone has any kind of photos of Horizons and/or World of Motion? I would love to see photos from what I remember as 2 great rides. Thanks Guys!!

General Grizz

Horizons was the entire EPCOT message. World of Motion was a branch off the message of Horizons.

You can kinda parallel the two to Walt Disney's 1964 attractions:

Carousel of Progress - Central on the family going through time
Magic Skyway - History of motion with use of comedy and knowledge

They both spelled Walt Disney's message clearly. Horizons was Walt's motto: "If we can dream it, we can do it!"

World of Motion was a comedy. It spoke the other side of Walt Disney, with comical characters all coming together to portray innovation and inspiration.

Both were classic, well-detailed, and intregral parts to EPCOT Center. I haven't seen an attraction this good in quality ever since . . .

Walter

In my opinion, Horizons is the greatest attraction ever created by anybody. I think that it was really the idel attraction. It had everything-music, inspirational value, loveabilty, great theming, interactivity and fun. Horizons, we need you back!

World of Motion was great, too, but not nearly as important.

My two-hundredth post!

General Grizz

Originally posted by Walter
In my opinion, Horizons is the greatest attraction ever created by anybody. I think that it was really the idel attraction. It had everything-music, inspirational value, loveabilty, great theming, interactivity and fun. Horizons, we need you back!

World of Motion was great, too, but not nearly as important.

My two-hundredth post!

Good points. I wish I could reride them all again to judge for the importance factor...you know...it's been 8 years since I last experience WOM.

Wow...

mrtoad

Originally posted by Mirage
My gallery has nothing but pics from past rides. Journey Into Imagination(old version) Dreamflight and Horizons.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=5171&cat=500&thumb=1

I think I am confused. I had gone to Epcot when it opened and then again in about 85 I think. The next time I went was 93 on my honeymoon. In 93 my wife and I rode a ride where at the end you voted for the ending. I thought it was horizons but now seeing your photos I'm not sure. Was that world of Motion?

Thanks.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Choosing your own ending would be Horizons. I remember my brothers and I could never agree on an ending. Plus it was 2 against 1, so I never got my way. But that's a memory I'll always have of Horizons.

aim

Originally posted by mikebegley
I think I am confused. I had gone to Epcot when it opened and then again in about 85 I think. The next time I went was 93 on my honeymoon. In 93 my wife and I rode a ride where at the end you voted for the ending. I thought it was horizons but now seeing your photos I'm not sure. Was that world of Motion?

Thanks.

That was Horizons. It closed in 98 or 99. Not too sure. I know I rode it in 98 though.

mrtoad

Thanks everyone for the reply. I was right then, but that is the only thing I remember from the ride I guess from the looks of the pictures I just saw. I thougt it had similar stuff to the end of Space Mountain when you see the family.

I'm pretty sure in the 3 times we have been since 93 it was closed each time we went. Either that or we just never go to it. The last 3 trips we traveled with other people and it was tough to get everybody on the same page. On our next trip it is just me, my wife and out daughter for her first trip ever.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
That's great. How old is your little girl? Lastyear we had taken my little cousin, as promised, when she turned 7 and it was great to see her face when she met the characters. Also taking WDW 1st timers, or as we call them, Disney Virgins! Oh...can I say that?! Kids are the best though...no doubt.

mrtoad

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
That's great. How old is your little girl? Lastyear we had taken my little cousin, as promised, when she turned 7 and it was great to see her face when she met the characters. Also taking WDW 1st timers, or as we call them, Disney Virgins! Oh...can I say that?! Kids are the best though...no doubt.

She is going to be 3 in Nov. We planned on taking her this fall but, how shall I put this? She is what everybody says a two year old is like. I can't take her to the grocery store or to the mall right now without panic of a "terrible two" incident. So WDW is out of the question this year.

But she will be just 4 when we go, so I think that will ok. (fingers crossed).

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Disney, of course, has done a great job making every inch of the resort kid oriented in some way or another. I think she'll be fine. Try a character breakfast. It's a great place to meet and greet alot of the characters. If I'm correct there is a Pooh themed breakfast at the Crystal Palace which is located just inside the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom