Epcot help

Sac1074

Original Poster
Hello! We will be in Orlando April 7-11 and have an extra day to spare. We’ve never been to any of the Disney parks but are thinking of doing 1 day at EPCOT since I think it’s the park my family and I will most enjoy. Do I just need to purchase an admission ticket and head to the park? What about the lightning lane stuff? Is it worth it/necessary in EPCOT? Also, should I make reservations at the restaurants prior to our arrival? Or can you join wait lists? Would it be better to go on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday (obviously this is Easter weekend)? And finally, do you need to be in EPCOT from open to close to see/do everything?
Thanks for any help at all! Hoping to make this the most enjoyable experience for the family!

Eric Graham

I would definitely get tickets ahead of time, and definitely reserve your park for Epcot as soon as possible because this is a very busy time for Disney. For the lightning lane, I would definitely suggest it especially for the Remy ride which is a very popular ride. I would make that first thing because those are usually in short supply. I would also make lightning for Frozen and Soarin also. You will definitely enjoy eating around the world for the Flower and Garden festival and all of the events. Your family will also really like the butterfly house where you get to see all the butterflies there. There are also concerts during that time. I would google that also. Have a great trip!

JohnD

Hello! We will be in Orlando April 7-11 and have an extra day to spare. We’ve never been to any of the Disney parks but are thinking of doing 1 day at EPCOT since I think it’s the park my family and I will most enjoy. Do I just need to purchase an admission ticket and head to the park? What about the lightning lane stuff? Is it worth it/necessary in EPCOT? Also, should I make reservations at the restaurants prior to our arrival? Or can you join wait lists? Would it be better to go on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday (obviously this is Easter weekend)? And finally, do you need to be in EPCOT from open to close to see/do everything?
Thanks for any help at all! Hoping to make this the most enjoyable experience for the family!
Short version: Purchase tickets ahead of time. Then reserve park and make dining reservations ASAP especially since over Easter weekend. As for best day for that weekend, not sure. People could be doing week long vacations up to Easter or they could be starting their vacation with Easter. But if I had to pick a day, weekdays tend to have fewer crowds than weekends, so I'd go with Monday.

ppete1975

You dont need dining reservations, just do quick service and the festival. That way you can save money and also not have your reservations dictate your day. Saturday Sunday and Monday will all be busy on Easter weekend, I might actually do Sunday because Saturdays are usually really busy and any holiday weekday is usually really busy. You might be able to do alot while some people are in church. But thats an assumption.

Raxel7851

You dont need dining reservations, just do quick service and the festival. That way you can save money and also not have your reservations dictate your day. Saturday Sunday and Monday will all be busy on Easter weekend, I might actually do Sunday because Saturdays are usually really busy and any holiday weekday is usually really busy. You might be able to do alot while some people are in church. But thats an assumption.
That’s why we do the QS Yorkshire County Fish n Chips. You can save quite a bit and you can usually score a table right by the water. They cook the fish up as ordered so you’re not getting something that has sat under a heat lamp all afternoon. The fries are always great as well. Definitely do the mobile ordering.

Raxel7851

I agree with just about everyone else…you won’t need TS reservations…just eat around the world at all the kiosks…for quick service, yes, the fish & chips and don’t forget the Kringle Og bakery in Norway…school bread…yummm…
I forgot to add that the Fish n Chips are way less expensive than the Rose and Crown. Not knocking the Rose and Crown because it’s a really nice restaurant, but we find the food and location relaxing.

Smiley/OCD

I forgot to add that the Fish n Chips are way less expensive than the Rose and Crown. Not knocking the Rose and Crown because it’s a really nice restaurant, but we find the food and location relaxing.
I get the fish & chips, find a nice, shady spot along the railing by the lagoon and enjoy it…yup, not the healthiest but tasty!

Last edited:

Ayla

You'll need to pick the day you want to go in order to purchase tickets. You also need to check that Epcot has park reservations availability before you buy tickets.

At this late date, restaurant reservations will be few and far between. Stick to the booths and quick service to not get bogged down for hours.

Lightning Lane is not necessary, but it all depends on your tolerance for standing in line and if there is a must-ride attraction for anyone in your party. You don't need to be there open to close to see everything, but getting there before opening will help, especially during one of Disney's busiest weeks of the entire year.

Worldlover71

Whether or not you get Lightning Lane or make dining reservations, please bring your patience and expect lines for everything! You are going at a very busy time. My suggestion would be to get to the park at least 30 minutes before opening. During the first hour or so, you can usually either hit one big ride or a couple smaller rides with a shorter wait than at any other time of the day. You don't have to stay all day but you might want to. The park is beautiful at night and the lagoon shows are always fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom