EPCOT Friendship Boats / Captains

SWBFlorida

Original Poster
The friendship boats that travel in the lagoon in EPCOT and to the EPCOT resorts are near and dear to my heart. I have many memories of these boats and the people that work on them, some great and some not so great. They seem to be a lost treasure, especially on a hot and humid day. I was just curious what others felt about these boats? Anyone have an exceptionally good or funny or bad captain? Any thoughts?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
To be honest with you, that is one of the few things in WDW that I've just never done, and have no real desire to do. I've just always been content enought with a walk around.
Then again, I've never done the ferry's from TTA to MK either...guess I have to get around to that someday.

Edit: Sorry, I have done the friendship boats from Epcot and hotels to MGM...numerous times
Had one younger captain....maybe early 30's that kinda did a Norm MacDonald (comedian, SNL)...people on the boat kept looking at each other because it was difficult to tell if he was having a great time or very drunk.

MickeyMad

Hi there - we had our first stay in Disney this year and we stayed at the Dolphin and I have to say that those friendship boats were brilliant.:sohappy: :sohappy: Some days we had really good, entertaining captains and others hardly spoke at all but it definately added that bit of extra sparkle to the holiday so much so that we are going to stay there again...one day soon (hopefully!)

kennyj29

When we stayed at the Beach Club we had one captain that had the birds trained. He would put bread on his arm and they would come and sit on him and eat the bread.............since i'm a bird lover, I thought that was pretty cool!

adventurelander

We stay at Boardwalk Villas and always ride these boats. When I hear the horns blow and the sound of the motors, I know I'm really in Disney. Each year I come back I remember most of the crew from the boats. I always think that must be an excellent job!!

WIX

One very cold day two December's ago we were in line to board the boat over from the Boardwalk to Epcot and the captain asked the people in front of us where they were from. They responded, "Richmond Virginia". He replied with, "Oh, you are the ones who left the door open when you came down here." We laughed for a while on that one.

Pocamahontas

We take these boats every once in a while from Epcot to the Studios, and normally we have pretty great captins who entertain us with Disney Trivia, but the last time I went it was two younger captins...and they were talking all about a girl they liked. In a not so "magical" way tosayintheleast...it's too bad, because I'm a CM and I hate when people don't play the part. A little boy sitting in the first row seemed to overhear as well. It was pretty dissapointing actually, NOT what Walt would have wanted.

But other than that it's been good:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom