Epcot Freestanding Snack Carts Selling Miller Lite and Coors Lite Instead of Bud Light.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's not even necessarily "craft beers" that are the answer - there are plenty of mass produced beers that are better than the three in the title. C'mon. Miller/Bud/Coors Lite? Mouse p*ss.
I have approx 500 checkins on Untapped. I drink A LOT of craft beer. A lot of microbrews. And so on.

I cracked open a coors light the other day, and guess what? It was ok. It's needless, almost tasteless, empty calories. But it for sure does not taste like mouse pee. Though, if I am being honest, I havn't tasted mouse pee, so I can't be 100% certain.

ABQ

I have approx 500 checkins on Untapped. I drink A LOT of craft beer. A lot of microbrews. And so on.

I cracked open a coors light the other day, and guess what? It was ok. It's needless, almost tasteless, empty calories. But it for sure does not taste like mouse pee. Though, if I am being honest, I havn't tasted mouse pee, so I can't be 100% certain.
Similar situation for me. If there's nothing else to drink and I'm simply in a mood for a beer, fine, I'll go with it. Heck, At Umass in the late 80's, we had to smuggle kegs of Bush Light into our dorm in our hockey team's goalie bag, as it's what we could afford. Though my Untappd check in total is a mere 452 beers, I try to find the unique ones at WDW, which isn't easy as like any large outfit, they are beholden to limiting distribution contracts to make a margin rather than cater to all those looking for small batch brews. But there are some tasty ones around the resort.

jakeman

Similar situation for me. If there's nothing else to drink and I'm simply in a mood for a beer, fine, I'll go with it. Heck, At Umass in the late 80's, we had to smuggle kegs of Bush Light into our dorm in our hockey team's goalie bag, as it's what we could afford. Though my Untappd check in total is a mere 452 beers, I try to find the unique ones at WDW, which isn't easy as like any large outfit, they are beholden to limiting distribution contracts to make a margin rather than cater to all those looking for small batch brews. But there are some tasty ones around the resort.
Aw...500 check ins...you guys are cute. :D ;)

Disney Springs is a good place. The bar below Planet Hollywood has a great (albeit not rotated) selection of local beer. Baseline Taphouse is a very good choice.

No reason to routinely drink a macro brew's beer unless you want to, which of course is perfectly fine if that's how you roll.

Bender123

Aw...500 check ins...you guys are cute. :D;)

Disney Springs is a good place. The bar below Planet Hollywood has a great (albeit not rotated) selection of local beer. Baseline Taphouse is a very good choice.

No reason to routinely drink a macro brew's beer unless you want to, which of course is perfectly fine if that's how you roll.

The climb from 1000 to 2500 is a nightmare. Im at about 2200 and it feels like I make no progress.

jakeman

The climb from 1000 to 2500 is a nightmare. Im at about 2200 and it feels like I make no progress.
I'm at 3,214 unique check ins (it's not alcoholism...it's a hobby!) and after about 1000 we had to start actively seeking them out and it became more an access issue. Fortunately being in central NC, I've got dozens of breweries within an hour drive and hundreds within a day trip radius. That's not including all the taprooms and bottle shops we have.

I'm also lucky that my wife enjoys beer as well, so going out on a Saturday to a brewery means we can net 8-12 tasters pretty easy.

BoarderPhreak

I'd be curious to know your other food and bev intake habits. Will you only eat Organic Wagyu Ground Beef? Or can you stomach a regular cheeseburger? How far do your high end tastes stretch? Do you randomly poke your head into Wendy's and berate the customers for their low brow tastes?
I sometimes lower myself to bourgeois standards like anyone...

Seriously though. I don't compromise on beer when there are literally tens or hundreds of better options. I honestly can't tell you the last time I drank any of those three beers willingly. Besides my taste, I'm German. We just don't do "beer" like that.

wdwfan100

I find it extremely interesting to follow these discussions. I agree with Jakeman. People have different tastes. The American lager and American light lager Are legitimate categories of beer. Bud light sells a crap load of beer, so someone likes the style. Regardless of preference it is important to note that macro brewers make quality beer. It is consistent batch after batch. They get first choice of ingredients and have pristine water sources. They have the best equipment and highest standards of sanitation. You don’t like the style they produce, that’s fine. But that does not make it a lower quality.

Bender123

I find it extremely interesting to follow these discussions. I agree with Jakeman. People have different tastes. The American lager and American light lager Are legitimate categories of beer. Bud light sells a crap load of beer, so someone likes the style. Regardless of preference it is important to note that macro brewers make quality beer. It is consistent batch after batch. They get first choice of ingredients and have pristine water sources. They have the best equipment and highest standards of sanitation. You don’t like the style they produce, that’s fine. But that does not make it a lower quality.

The amount of money they spend on water treatment is insane...Miller has a water recipe that matches water at all their breweries to the water in Milwaukee. they have a hyper pure "blue" distilled water that they add minerals and treatment materials to "make" water from Lake Michigan that's been treated by the city of Milwaukee.

jakeman

I sometimes lower myself to bourgeois standards like anyone...

Seriously though. I don't compromise on beer when there are literally tens or hundreds of better options. I honestly can't tell you the last time I drank any of those three beers willingly. Besides my taste, I'm German. We just don't do "beer" like that.
Except you're completely missing the point of what folks are saying which belies a lack of understanding of the product you are ridiculing.

They are American Light Lagers. A recognized style of beer with it's own flavor and appearance profile recognized around the world by professionals in the brewing industry.

It's a style of beer you don't like. Which is perfectly fine. That doesn't make them bad beers though. They are brewed in accordance with the characteristics of that style.

A Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is not an objectively better beer than Bud Light. It's a completely different beer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom