Epcot Fountin Walls Are DOWN!

Rob562

A wonderful way to end the day (make sure you can hear the fantastic version of WYWUAS)

FYI, that final section of the music is taken directly from the "Disney Fantasy Medley" track from Erich Kunzel & the Cincinatti Pops' "Disney Spectacular" album.
(and after you hear the full medley, those two random bars of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" mixed in make sense)

-Rob

omg1224

I don't know that it's exactly something they should officially publish... While I think that everyone SHOULD stop and watch a show or three at the Fountain, it's nice to still have some "little" things in the parks that are there for people to stumble across and discover for themselves. Makes the Disney parks that much more magical, and it makes the experience that much more memorable for the Guests. Like the "Kiss Goodnight" at the Castle. It's not published by Disney (at least not in the Times Guide), and it's not something that the majority of the Guests get to see, but it's truly magical for those who do happen to be there at the right time. If they put it on the daily Times Guide, it'd take a little something away from it.

Getting back to the Fountain, does anyone know if it still chimes the hour? I remember back when it would do it on the hour, and with each chime, a different set of fountain jets would fire off. And then 30-60 seconds after it was done the fountain show for that quarter-hour period would play.

I can't wait to see video of the Fountain this December, to see what the bright and vibrant new LED lights do for the Fountain during its holiday programming with the Lights of Winter arches...

-Rob

I never thought of it that way. The first time I rember seeing it I was all exited about illuminations and me my parents my nanny and grandpa my sister and my aunw were watching it. My nanny sat me down and pointed it out to me and that memory of the fountin changing color and being so amazed is one of my favorites. I saw it during the day but seeing the fountain once more was a suprise and that stuck out to me more than the first other times. Day 1 was playing and I rember the beginig where the fountains were white turned off and then the color fountains turned on than it was white than the fountain faded from white to red. I mostly remember the super shooters and the micro shooters going around the fountain chacing eachother and turning red. I still remember that. They also played around the world with mickey. We were sitting in front of mouse gear and I was 6 and it was 1998. I know how most of it works now but I consider myself lucky that I saw it for the first time at that age where I had no idea how the fountain worked. I just knew there were changing color lights. The memory is so clear still.

omg1224

Thanks! I didn't know it played every 15 mins! But I'm pretty sure I watched the fountain show twice after Illuminations on my Sept. 09 trip! It's my favorite way to take in the park at the end of the night!

It also chimed the hour when I was there in Sept. as well!

No problum. My favorite time to watch it is after illuminations if they leave it on. one day i am going to watch it after illuminations and I want to see how long it goes before they turn it off. That area is so relaxing. I wish I cold run my fountain to 12:00 but the music and the nabors are like oil and water.

Mr.EPCOT

I found this video on youtube from a user "mousetrips" of the updated fountain at night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJO9qAEQwU

I'm amazed at the number and brilliance of the colors. I don't ever recall that much color in the shows. I'd say with some confidence that new lighting effects were part of the refurb. The fountains themselves also seem to be back to their original glory in terms of power of the jets.

WOW!!!

I would say that was worth not getting the stage removed!

omg1224

The Purple Canopy...? Oh, you mean the devil.:lol::lookaroun

Het at least the fountain wasnt purple when they took down the walls and the ball is still grey thnk god. I wouldnt be suprised if they disapeared. They took away the cement glaisher at club soon and made that area vintage. The canopees over the fountain view are down. The wand is gon. I am pretty shure universe of energy is now at its origional color again. I am not trying to kill you but the living seas has been painted blue. i hate that pin trading station. I think the stage holds the fountain hardware so if that is the case I can live with it. Ionestly I wish they would make it cuniform style with all the stuff back from epcot 94 exept updated. AND BRING BACK HORIZONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPCOT Explorer

Het at least the fountain wasnt purple when they took down the walls and the ball is still grey thnk god. I wouldnt be suprised if they disapeared. They took away the cement glaisher at club soon and made that area vintage. The canopees over the fountain view are down. The wand is gon. I am pretty shure universe of energy is now at its origional color again. I am not trying to kill you but the living seas has been painted blue. i hate that pin trading station. I think the stage holds the fountain hardware so if that is the case I can live with it. Ionestly I wish they would make it cuniform style with all the stuff back from epcot 94 exept updated. AND BRING BACK HORIZONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. :lol::lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I dont come on this site to get sarcasm, Keep it to your self, If I read you wrong than My bad I hope I did.

Sarcasm is side benefit! :wave:
Well thanks for the sarcasm. LOL

Sarcasm is generally notated by :rolleyes:.

anyway... where were the can-o-pees at Epcot?
_44307632_tinnedpeas270.jpg

WDITrent

I dont come on this site to get sarcasm, Keep it to your self, If I read you wrong than My bad I hope I did.
Ohh...kay... :rolleyes:

Sorry. That was mean. :)

But people do tend to use sarcasm on these boards. A lot. :) Usually we don't use it to degrade people. Usually... but sometimes. :(

omg1224

Ohh...kay... :rolleyes:

Sorry. That was mean. :)

But people do tend to use sarcasm on these boards. A lot. :) Usually we don't use it to degrade people. Usually... but sometimes. :(

its all good. If i have ant anger from that I will take it out on those damn canopies. As long as you werent trying to make me look like some :hammer: in from of every viewer. i am getting the hang of this sarcsm. Watch out I will get you good when you least expect it :).

devoy1701

its all good. If i have ant anger from that I will take it out on those damn canopies. As long as you werent trying to make me look like some :hammer: in from of every viewer. i am getting the hang of this sarcsm. Watch out I will get you good when you least expect it :).

you're lack of being able to spell or complete a whole thought before moving on to the next might do that for you...

Sorry...couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

omg1224

you're lack of being able to spell or complete a whole thought before moving on to the next might do that for you...

Sorry...couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Ha Ha that is definitly true i am to lazy to type it all out :). I do tha so how often do you visit epcot!!!!! JK LOl. Speaking of those canopies. Maby a good hurrycane will take them down and crush the pin station. It is also ok do to that epcot would probaly be closed during a hurry cane. As long as the canopy dosnt hit the fountain. Realey they could probally clean that all up easily. It looks like a simple setup. they could unbolt that and take that out in a day. I hope you can soak in what I just said. LOL. Do You under stand LOL!!!!!!!! :)

Rob562

Ha Ha that is definitly true i am to lazy to type it all out :). I do tha so how often do you visit epcot!!!!! JK LOl. Speaking of those canopies. Maby a good hurrycane will take them down and crush the pin station. It is also ok do to that epcot would probaly be closed during a hurry cane. As long as the canopy dosnt hit the fountain. Realey they could probally clean that all up easily. It looks like a simple setup. they could unbolt that and take that out in a day. I hope you can soak in what I just said. LOL. Do You under stand LOL!!!!!!!! :)

I would highly suggest using/installing the Spell Check feature of the message board. When you're typing a post, the typical Spell-Check "ABC-with-a-checkmark" icon appears in the upper-right corner above the panel of smilies. Spell-check also helps you realize that you may have been spelling something wrong for a long time, and thus teach you the proper way. So over time the spell-check has less and less errors to correct.

Very bad spelling and grammar are a couple reasons why a poster may not be taken seriously in a forum like this. Simple typos can be overlooked (my fingers always seem to want to type "jsut" instead of "just"), but a "hurry cane"? (and yet you got "canopies" right... :veryconfu )

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom