EPCOT Food & Wine Festival???

Highland_Holly

Has anyone been to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot? We are planning on travelling in Oct/Nov this year and would like to attend but really haven't been able to find much info (searched threads here and only found passing references). How does it work? Where is it set up? Is there a seperate ticket? How would the kids (8 & 10) fare with this event? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Holly :kiss:

Sloan

Food & Wine Fesetival

The festival is AWESOME - it's our favorite trip of the year, every year. There is no special ticket for the general event in World Showcase, but there are MANY special events that do require an advance purchase / reservation - many are quite expensive, but VERY worth it. The Party for the Senses is incredible - you can read more about it, and the festival in general, here:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm

The kids may or may not appreciate all the specialty offerings (of course, not the excellent beer & wines) but I don't think it would be worth taking them to the special events - perhaps a sitter one night for a special date ....

I can't wait for the festival - I'm getting hungry just thinking about it ....

Upvote 0

Goofier

I'm going to WDW the weekend that the festival starts....and it's my first time going for it (only my second time at WDW). I'm only going to be there about four days....will I have enough time to fully enjoy the festival?

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

I've gone twice during Food & Wine, and I adore it! I don't drink, but it's great to take a leisurely stroll around the World Showcase sampling bits of yummy stuff from different countries. I highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

disgolfer

Goofier said:
I'm going to WDW the weekend that the festival starts....and it's my first time going for it (only my second time at WDW). I'm only going to be there about four days....will I have enough time to fully enjoy the festival?

Absolutely!! You can get around in one day. Just devote the day to seeing all of WS. We went last year and really enjoyed ourselves. We met a lot of great people while trying all of the different specialties.

Upvote 0

Goofier

Okay, good to know. The last time I went to WDW, I'm still kicking myself cause I didn't explore WS, so I really want to do it this time around, and with the festival, it's even more exciting!

Do they have the same type of food samples every year?

Upvote 0

CenterLine

My wife and I attended the festival for the first time last year. It was great. We usually go for the flower and garden festival and decided to try the food and wine this time around. It was nice being able to sample all of the different types of food and wines from around the world. Highly recommended if you have never tried it before.

Upvote 0

AndreainNY

We LOVE Food and Wine!!! This year will be the first time in five years that we will not be there for it (we are going in 11 days - wahoo!!!) and I know that I will start to feel the pain of missing it this fall. There is no extra cost if you don't go into any of the special shows or meals (mostly dealing with cuisine or wine), but it is a blast to walk around the countries and sample little tidbits here and there. My son started going when he was 8 and we typically were able to find some samples that he would try (most countries have some kind of a dessert). Now that he is almost 13, he is really trying something from almost every country - he found out that he likes blackened sea bass!! They also do "Kidcot" stops in every country. The kids can make a mask for free in any of the countries, then the goal is to go into every country and have something from that country added (usually a stamp from the country on the handle, but also something that attaches to the mask - a viking ship cutout in Norway, a maple leaf in Canada...etc). My son has 5 masks and even at almost 13, he wants to do it again this year (his excuse will be that he is making one for his little sister, at 22 months, she is not quite up to the task!). If your kids aren't into masks, you can get them a "passport" in Epcot. Then they go to each country and the staff there write something in the passport, usually in the language native to the country. They kids will also get a kick out of the different shops in each country, they all feature toys that are popular in that country. Look out for Japan - they have all the anime stuff that American kids love and a TON of Hello Kitty merchandise!!!

Ahhhh, just writing about it is making me think about a short second trip down in the fall!!!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
The Food and Wine is as good as you want to make it.

I'll clarify that statement now. :lol:

Two years ago was the first time we experianced it. I was looking forward to it based upon all the nice things people had said about it here. I came away from the experiance a bit disapointed. The food portions were small for a high price, and with the exceptions of the "new country" booths, most of the samples you could already get.

Now zip ahead to last year. We again were at WDW during the F&W. But this time I did a bit more research and planned ahead. We did a Lunch and Learn shop, spent more time in the tasting areas, and go a bit more adventursome and tried out some more foods. We had a much better experiance that time around.

The Lunch and Learn was neat. And with the four course meal and wine pairings for each, we were quite tipsy by the end, and this was in the late morning on a Sunday.

So like I started out saying, it's as good as you want to make it. Take your time and partisipate and you'll enjoy it. Or buzz through and just look and you'll just see it as an additional thing Disney it tying to get more money out of you for.

Have fun, and happy eating...and drinking! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Ashitaka

TURKEY said:
I just run back and forth between Mexico and Canada.
Run? How do you run? I always get too full with food and drink to even think about running. By about Morocco I need someone to roll me along. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom