EPCOT Food & Wine Fest - Key to the Kingdom?

Gantu

Original Poster
I've read that you can buy pre-paid gift cards for the Food & Wine Fest, but can you use your room key (electronically linked to your credit card) at the kiosks? I assumed yes, but I have not seen any discussion.

Gantu

Original Poster
Sorry, I meant "Key to the World."

Although "Key to the Kingdom" has a nice ring to it, I understand the semantic error.

Rob562

Your room key with charging privledges can be used at pretty much all of the kiosks. (I used mine this past weekend at three or four of the kiosks) Occasionally they may have issues accepting cards, though, as they're not hard-wired into the network but rather use a secured, encrypted wireless network for the transactions. Every once in a while it gets disrupted by bad weather, usually when there's lightning in the immediate area. (At that point they are cash-only)

-Rob

Gantu

Original Poster
Thanks, Rob!

That helps a lot.

I think if we see lightning nearby, we may not be so concerned about scoring a canoli. :eek:

DebS

I've read that you can buy pre-paid gift cards for the Food & Wine Fest, but can you use your room key (electronically linked to your credit card) at the kiosks? I assumed yes, but I have not seen any discussion.

Yes, you can use your room key. That's what we usually do. Bring a small amount of cash. The machine do go down and at that point only cash is accepted. There's a cash machine in FW but that's a long walk.

Buying a F&W gift card is a fun option because you can wear it as a bracelet making it even easier to spend without taking out your wallet.

Rob562

Yes, you can use your room key. That's what we usually do. Bring a small amount of cash. The machine do go down and at that point only cash is accepted. There's a cash machine in FW but that's a long walk.

Buying a F&W gift card is a fun option because you can wear it as a bracelet making it even easier to spend without taking out your wallet.

FYI, there's an ATM by the American Adventure bathrooms, too.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom