Epcot Festival of the Arts 2021?

Spookie2018

Original Poster
Does anyone believe this is going to happen? I'm desperate for a festival. I'm guessing that the Flower and Garden Festival is more of sure bet, however, the timing of that festival doesn't align all that well with my time off.

JohnD

Does anyone believe this is going to happen? I'm desperate for a festival. I'm guessing that the Flower and Garden Festival is more of sure bet, however, the timing of that festival doesn't align all that well with my time off.

Epcot will have some kind of festival. If it had one festival all year it would be the Flower, Garden, Food, and Wine Festival of the Arts and Holidays. So count on a festival center, food booths, and displays per usual. It could simply be a "taste" of the Festival of the Arts. But there will a festival of some sort.

JIMINYCR

I'm staying optimistic that we will get past all the mess we are in right now, Disney will manage to return to normalcy and 2021 will be a better year. Even if all change doesnt come, I think Disney will continue forward in some manner by holding events, but controlled for safety.

Spookie2018

Original Poster
I'm staying optimistic that we will get past all the mess we are in right now, Disney will manage to return to normalcy and 2021 will be a better year. Even if all change doesnt come, I think Disney will continue forward in some manner by holding events, but controlled for safety.

The Festival of the Arts seems more likely, now that the Festival of the Holidays has been announced. If there was one festival that I would have bet was on the chopping block, it would have been that one.

While I am dying to go to a festival, I'm not sure that I can live with the 11-7 Epcot hours. I normally like to spend the first half of my day at another park, and spend the second half at Epcot and, the festival. Seeing that hopper tickets are being sold after January 1st (I know...this is no guarantee that hopping will be allowed by then), it seemed as though The Festival of the Arts was the festival I could attend soonest, while (most likely) preserving my normal park plans.

With Epcot opening at 11:00 and closing at 7:00, it makes park hopping rather pointless.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Kiosks and some chalk artists would be my bet. Concerts would seem doubtful based on Candlelight cancellation.

nickys

Premium Member
Kiosks and some chalk artists would be my bet. Concerts would seem doubtful based on Candlelight cancellation.
Candlelight was scuppered due to rehearsals being impossible in the current climate, as well as social distancing rules. Depending on how things go, concerts might be possible if they can accommodate an audience in some way. I’m betting performers would jump at the chance of any opportunity to play. It could mark the re-start of a more “normal” Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom