EPCOT DVC Lounge closing for refurbishment in June 2024

nickys

Premium Member
I would prefer an attraction(s), in an already decimated part of Epcot...
And if Disney decide to fund that then the DVC lounge would be closed.

The presence of the lounge is not preventing the space from being used for an attraction. The whole of the second floor of the Imagination pavilion was being used for storage before the Lounge was created.

nickys

Premium Member
I know it isn't preventing it, they are just set on a lounge because they suck. It is just Disney being Disney....
I doubt this was Disney, as in WDW Parks, making any decision.

Rather DVC saying “hey, ya know that space would make a great little in-park lounge. How much do you want in return?”

Imagineerwannabe

if it means I’m not paying the $5 for a soda or coffee and getting some free snacks on top of my dvc membership then I’ll take whatever I can.

It isn’t the only perk offered for DVC members either.

Honest question...
Does Epcot really need a DVC lounge? Are there not enough places in Epcot to sit and "recharge?"
Are these lounges busy? Even if I had DVC, I don't think I'd say, "lets go take a break in the DVC Lounge"
why wouldn’t you use it? Yes this lounge is always in use with variations on the wait time to get in there. The other problem is that it’s been there for a while now so removing it starts to look like ‘loss of perks’

The space was unused for years - why not repurpose it. If it takes a bunch of people out of queue lines or other seating areas to free up for non dvc guests then what’s the problem?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I doubt this was Disney, as in WDW Parks, making any decision.

Rather DVC saying “hey, ya know that space would make a great little in-park lounge. How much do you want in return?”
And the Disney higher ups could say to their DVC colleagues, "No, we want to use the space for a new attraction." But they didn't.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
There seems to be a misunderstanding by some that Disney Parks has its hands tied and is forced to give the space to DVC. That has not happened EPCOT but it is what happened at MK, so maybe it's understandable to conflate the two?

The EPCOT contract is renewed annually so Parks is free boot them out whenever and use the space. Disney threw up some drywall but the original ImageWorks space is back there, and the escalators are under some boxes in the lounge. But they will not happen. The original ImageWorks space was perfect for the type of dark space up there but we can see from guests now walking through ImageWorks, and also Project Tomorrow at Spaceship Earth, that there's just very little interest in these areas compared to their heyday. I personally love them and hope Disney does more, and the next generation of some of this was expected at the Play Pavillion but that has not gotten off the ground. So short of stripping down Play Pavillion ideas for a smaller space and putting it in the Imagination Pavillion, they're not touching the upper floor of Imagination.

If wanting to direct frustration a guest space being limited to DVC members then direct that to the future MK lounge.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom