Epcot - Drinking Around the World. Wise?

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Ladies and gentleman, since I am staying at the Beach Club (in about a month) I was wondering... have you completed this task? I love myself a nice, cold glass of beer... have you enjoyed a sampling around the world?

Where did you start? Any struggles? Personal suggestions within countries?

:ROFLOL:

tampabrad

Done it a few times. Usually do a beer and a specialty drink or shot at each country.

Couple things to keep in mind...

You are not the only people in the park. Others are on vacation as well and dont need to have people falling down drunk around them. Children are in the park, watch foul language and behavior.

Have fun

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Done it a few times. Usually do a beer and a specialty drink or shot at each country.

Couple things to keep in mind...

You are not the only people in the park. Others are on vacation as well and dont need to have people falling down drunk around them. Children are in the park, watch foul language and behavior.

Have fun

Yeah... I'm not a loud or obnoxious drunk, rather I am a civilized yankee from New England. I'd just stick to a beer, it's expensive as it is.

epcotWSC

If you're doing it when it's cooler (which next month should be) it shouldn't be that bad. If you're doing it in a warm month, well good luck to you.

I tried it a couple of times in the middle of the summer. Didn't make it, I felt full and dehydrated. I'm not a big drinker though.

Monorail Lime

Did it a few times back when I was young and stupid. I only have a few drinks these days now that I'm old and stupid. :)

I would advise starting early (like, when World Showcase opens) and consciously pace yourself. Expel and rehydrate as necessary. Sticking to the light beers where possible will help avoid feeling full. Eat a full breakfast to soak up the alcohol. Basically, the challenge is not all that difficult if you stick to the usual common sense rules about drinking.

You are very lucky to be staying at Beach Club and not have to rely on transportation. Riding a noisy crowded Disney bus while smashed is a most unpleasant experience.

disney magic 06

We've done it a couple of times and had a good, fun day both times. It was hot so we made sure we had plenty of water in between countries, and also stopped for lunch and a snack en route.

We started at 11.30, took it slowly and finished around 5ish I think. Back to the hotel for a quick nap and then went to Magic Kingdom so we weren't tempted to drink more!

It's an enjoyable way to pass a day, we did it on a weekend day when the parks would be busier and the lines for the rides longer.

plaz10

when we (my boyfriend and I) drink around the world we usually eat around the world as well. Get a beer/drink and a snack from each country and split. This helps soak up some booze if you do mixed drinks and shots as well as beer. It's always a good time.

datw@epcot

Did it a few times back when I was young and stupid. I only have a few drinks these days now that I'm old and stupid. :)

I would advise starting early (like, when World Showcase opens) and consciously pace yourself. Expel and rehydrate as necessary. Sticking to the light beers where possible will help avoid feeling full. Eat a full breakfast to soak up the alcohol. Basically, the challenge is not all that difficult if you stick to the usual common sense rules about drinking.

You are very lucky to be staying at Beach Club and not have to rely on transportation. Riding a noisy crowded Disney bus while smashed is a most unpleasant experience.

I couldn't have said this any better, have fun!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Asking whether it's "wise" deliberately drinking to excess.... :shrug: No, it's not.

That said, I'm no wiser than others! :lol:

Eat before and during. Pace yourself. Enjoy! :king:

rkelly42

I have actually done it a couple of times, but I actually used the whole afternoon and night to complete it. It is not smart to try and complete it in a matter of a couple of hours.

Testtrack321

I did it this past summer for my buddy's 21st.

I'm a frat boy, I have a tolerance.

Here are my tips...

1.) Start early, like 11am
2.) Pace yourself between countries. Ride the rides, see the shows.
3.) Drink water, eat snacks
4.) Get in the AC some
5.) End near Canada so it'll be quick to get back to Beach Club.

Have fun.

Scooter

I was always told that mixing drinks was a no no.

I was never into drinking games anyway.

I have been to Epcot many times and have sampled many drinks from many differant countries......just not all on the same hot day.:hurl:

Testtrack321

I was always told that mixing drinks was a no no.

I was never into drinking games anyway.

Lets tackle these two.

First of all "mixing drinks" is the common freshman excuse for getting very drunk quickly and usually throwing up. It comes down to people drinking sugary mixed drinks way too quickly, the sugar messing with them, and other things. I "mixed drinks" walking around the world and during many other times. Beer, liquor, wine, mixed drinks, etc. I was fine because I wasn't crazy gulping them down.

Second, I bet you've done drinking games before. Even if it's not pong, quarters, flip cup, boom, beer die, etc. Ever drink to a movie? Ever drink to a bet? Even a sip? That's a drinking game. I have to know this because I've had to deal with "risk management" through university, fraternities, and other such things for a bit. Drinking games are when a drinking is added to a play element in order to get drunk the fastest. Drinking around the world is not a drinking game.

Scooter

Lets tackle these two.

First of all "mixing drinks" is the common freshman excuse for getting very drunk quickly and usually throwing up. It comes down to people drinking sugary mixed drinks way too quickly, the sugar messing with them, and other things. I "mixed drinks" walking around the world and during many other times. Beer, liquor, wine, mixed drinks, etc. I was fine because I wasn't crazy gulping them down.

Second, I bet you've done drinking games before. Even if it's not pong, quarters, flip cup, boom, beer die, etc. Ever drink to a movie? Ever drink to a bet? Even a sip? That's a drinking game. I have to know this because I've had to deal with "risk management" through university, fraternities, and other such things for a bit. Drinking games are when a drinking is added to a play element in order to get drunk the fastest. Drinking around the world is not a drinking game.

OK...Let's tackle these two...again.

If you have a glass of wine in France, a Beer in Germany, and a Saki in Japan, and 8 more drinks of God knows what else in 8 other countries, I don't care what you call it or how fast you do it...you're "Mixing drinks" and I can't imagine it's good for your body.

Second...if you go to Epcot specifically to see if you can drink 1 whole drink from each country, ( not just samples but whole drinks) for the specific purpose of saying you did it...well that's a game in my opinion.

I don't know of anyone who ever went into a Mall food court and ate or drank one item in each fast food place just because they were hungry. If they did, it wouldn't make much sense unless they were trying to prove they could do it without getting sick. and that, my friend, definitely makes it a game...a game of Challenge maybe, but a game nevertheless.

I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with me. I'm just sharing my thoughts and opinions on this matter...

...and the next time you choose to drink around the world....Have 11 for me.;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK...Let's tackle these two...again.

If you have a glass of wine in France, a Beer in Germany, and a Saki in Japan, and 8 more drinks of God knows what else in 8 other countries, I don't care what you call it or how fast you do it...you're "Mixing drinks" and I can't imagine it's good for your body.

OK...Let's tackle this one.....

The key ingredient in all of these is still ethyl alcohol and is not good for your body. The mixing of different spirits will NOT in itself make you sick, but like testtrack said earlier, all the other sugars that are dissolved in the ethyl alcohol WILL make you sick.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont know about sugar but I certainly felt the effects more from tippling in the tequila bar for 4 hours drinking a single type drink than Ive ever have tiddling my way round showcase lagoon.

Only time I came close to being sick was drinking that foul concoction the Singapore Sling, no sugar ort excess involved, just a louping drink

epcotWSC

The best is that people say well if you drink 10 different beers, that's fine, but drinking 10 different mixed drinks is bad. Not all beer is made the same though. Different hops, grains, yeasts, and other various ingredients. Some beers have higher ABVs, some lower.

In the same way, there are some mixed drinks that have so many different types of alcohol in them. If I'm drinking a long island iced tea then switch to a cranberry vodka or a martini or something, why would that affect me?

Everyone has different systems, and yes, mixing certain types of alcohol may cause you to be sick, but I wouldn't say it's an exact science. Some people can handle mixing all sorts of things, some can't. I personally have a weak stomach when it comes to drinking in general, so I've learned to just take it easy most of the time. A few beers and I'm fine.

Anyway, there's 11 countries, if you start at 11 am when WS opens, and stay til 9PM, it's 10 hours. If it's an EMH, you can stay to 12AM, that's 13 hours. I always started later, maybe that was a bad idea.

Hummer1676

photostream

This is what happened the last time we drank around the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom