Epcot & DHS rumors from Screamscape

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Give the grain of salt that this is all taken with, I'll wait to see what they would plan on building regarding Carsland with our without RSR. If it's replaced with something nice, then fantastic. If it's replaced with "Sounds Dangerous with Sarge", then I'd be a touch upset.

The only thing here I'd poo-poo off the bat is Planes being anywhere near Soarin'. While I typically skip Soarin' because I'm less than impressed with it (on a wait-time vs. enjoyment scale), that attraction would basically crash and burn (pun semi-intended) adding anything from that franchise.

Soarin' over the world is logical, it makes much more sense than what is currently there. I just wish they'd attach it over from the WS and bring back Kitchen Kabaret. You might think I'm kidding, but I've not ridden Soarin' in probably 5 years or more, but I'd never miss KK if it came back.

tissandtully

Man, I hope the Planes rumors aren't true. I figured they'd maybe see how popular it was going to be before they ran with anything. That movie looks awful. It's not a good sign when your lead voice actor is replaced with Dane Cook.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, they are setting new standards for rumors now. Really?

Well like I said... 'you get rumors like this'

And yes, rumors do tie back to the expectation of the company. When one thinks about feasibility... no one would believe a rumor that Disney is going to send a Mickey Mouse to the moon on a NASA mission... but they would believe a CarsLand would be built without its anchor attraction. What does that say about the image the company has fostered?

No one said there wouldn't be an E-Ticket! It would be everything with a new Dark ride. Goodness, people complain about direct clones and then complain when there could be a chance at originality. Not saying there's a chance they wouldn't screw it up still, but just seems like you no matter what people won't be happy.

Well on one hand.. we have a proven commodity with scale and integration unlike every done in a Disney park. On the other, we have no details (or promises of scale), except the notion of possibly reusing stuff that was never intended for the ride, and knowing for sure we lose the entire backdrop and scale of cadallic range.

Yeah.. tell me again which makes you feel warm and fuzzy??

Slov72

Anyone have a concern that this wouldn't open till 2018? Will Cars even be relevant by then? It isn't one of those movies that will last forever, like BatB or LM.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anyone have a concern that this wouldn't open till 2018? Will Cars even be relevant by then? It isn't one of those movies that will last forever, like BatB or LM.

I think it will still be relevant... the question is will all the merchandising? Cars is built so much on the toy market. A vacation destination isn't going to swoon little boys around the country to buy Cars toys.

doctornick

Sure it is. Before Cars 2 came out, Cars was certainly popular, even with children that weren't born when it first came out. I don't expect Cars' relevence to be any worse than Toy Story has been.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Well like I said... 'you get rumors like this'

And yes, rumors do tie back to the expectation of the company. When one thinks about feasibility... no one would believe a rumor that Disney is going to send a Mickey Mouse to the moon on a NASA mission... but they would believe a CarsLand would be built without its anchor attraction. What does that say about the image the company has fostered?

Well on one hand.. we have a proven commodity with scale and integration unlike every done in a Disney park. On the other, we have no details (or promises of scale), except the notion of possibly reusing stuff that was never intended for the ride, and knowing for sure we lose the entire backdrop and scale of cadallic range.

Yeah.. tell me again which makes you feel warm and fuzzy??

Keep in mind this is all still rumor-mill, and very fluid. It could have a hint of truth to it or none at all. Also, keep in mind that when rumors of Star Tours 2 and Toy Story Mania were running rampant we had all kinds of variations on what the final product might look like. It's still entirely possible they could clone Radiator Springs nearly in its entirety including RSRs, or we could get a similar build of Radiator Springs with a different anchor attraction replacing RSR, which is what Screamscape referred to. Either way, it's still just rumor and should be considered as such.

misterID

I have my doubts about the flow/cohesion of Pixar Place with a mini Cars Land. That would mean one Toy Story attraction and several Cars attractions.

I don't think it would hurt Pixar Place at all, it would actually strengthen it. I'd be happy with the INDY dark ride, an INDY themed coaster and one lone SW attraction in Lucasland.

And just looking at the 2018 date... What would UNI have built by then when WDW finally unveiled its response to Potter?

Transformers
HP phase 2
Jurassic Park Expansion
Dr. Seuss Expansion?
Kid Zone Expansion?
Toon Lagoon Expansion?

UNI would most likely have at least four new major attractions by then, not considering how many new attractions will actually be in the JP expansion.

lebeau

And just looking at the 2018 date... What would UNI have built by then when WDW finally unveiled its response to Potter?

Disney has already unveiled their response to Potter in that they didn't respond to Potter. Nothing that comes out in 2018 (or really any time going forward) can be considered an answer to Potter. That time is passed. Disney sat on its hands.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Disney has already unveiled their response to Potter in that they didn't respond to Potter. Nothing that comes out in 2018 (or really any time going forward) can be considered an answer to Potter. That time is passed. Disney sat on its hands.

Just my opinion, but Disney came off very arrogant, and perhaps rightly so, in that they didn't really feel a need to respond. The "Potter threat" is largely fan-made, at least as far as they're concerned, as such profits and visitors have actually grown in the last year, so they may be right in their no-response tactic. Whether that continues remains to be seen.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Can we expect this all to be announced in august so i can stop wondering if carsland is ever coming!!

Only if you're prepared to be disappointed if they don't announce anything. Again, these are just rumors. Who knows what/if any of its true or will come true or when.
Its been mentioned here, but there are multiple scenarios/themes being tossed around for DHS including Carsland, Star Wars land and perhaps even others?

lebeau

Just my opinion, but Disney came off very arrogant, and perhaps rightly so, in that they didn't really feel a need to respond. The "Potter threat" is largely fan-made, at least as far as they're concerned, as such profits and visitors have actually grown in the last year, so they may be right in their no-response tactic. Whether that continues remains to be seen.

I can't aurgue with that. I have to think it will catch up with them in the long run. But only time will tell.

On a personal level, I can't wait until my kids are old enough to really enjoy Universal. I'm sure we'll go back to WDW every now and then for nostalgia. But Universal is where the excitement is.

lebeau

Only if you're prepared to be disappointed if they don't announce anything. Again, these are just rumors. Who knows what/if any of its true or will come true or when.
Its been mentioned here, but there are multiple scenarios/themes being tossed around for DHS including Carsland, Star Wars land and perhaps even others?

Exactly. Notice how quiet all of the insiders have been lately. No one is going on record with anything more than "this is being discussed" and "I have never heard of that."

I doubt even Disney knows what it is doing at this point.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Ehh... Fantasyland was about 5 years in the making too. If screamscapes timeline is right at all 24 months of construction... Then I doubt we'll see any e-ticket rides...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom