EPCOT Center in Iron Man 2?

citizen85

Wow that is pretty much EPCOT re-visioned. That 1974 Stark World Exposition video definitely makes the fictional Howard Stark out to be a Walt Disney archetype. I had always heard Howard Stark was supposed to be like Howard Hughes but I think any of those visionaries from that era is the spirit they were going for.

I have a new desktop wallpaper. Thanks.

That would definitely be interesting to find out, because the Stark Expo concept art looks to me to be identical to other Disney Concept Art I've saw. Westcot anyone? Maybe the Disney Artists chipped in to give it that realistic touch.

Now if TDO would chip in and say.. hey... Let's build the inverted monorail and the Stark Industries Pavilion..... :lookaroun

does anyone, besides me, think that this EPCOT-Iron Man 2 thing is due to Disney having having part ownership of marvel

Figment632

That would definitely be interesting to find out, because the Stark Expo concept art looks to me to be identical to other Disney Concept Art I've saw. Westcot anyone? Maybe the Disney Artists chipped in to give it that realistic touch.

Now if TDO would chip in and say.. hey... Let's build the inverted monorail and the Stark Industries Pavilion..... :lookaroun

No more characters in EC but maybe Innoventions can be rethemed with a Stark theme.

BrerFrog

does anyone, besides me, think that this EPCOT-Iron Man 2 thing is due to Disney having having part ownership of marvel

I thought the same, but isn't the deal way too recent for that? I mean, when the movie was being filmed and planned had that deal already been done?

PintoColvig

Just saw Iron Man 2. **spoilers to follow**.

Much of what's been said on this thread was spot on. Howard Stark is Walt made over and the Stark Expo is NY World's Fair/E.P.C.O.T. re-visioned. The closing credits of the movie have a song that's very "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"-like. The whole Disney connection put a smile on my face.

ABigBrassBand

Much of what's been said on this thread was spot on. Howard Stark is Walt made over and the Stark Expo is NY World's Fair/E.P.C.O.T. re-visioned. The closing credits of the movie have a song that's very "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"-like. The whole Disney connection put a smile on my face.

Yea, I posted a thread on this last week. If you stayed til' the end, I forgot the song name but that certain song was written by Robert Sherman.

When Howard was talking I was like "DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND!" (of course, I thought this in my head) :p

WDW Vacationer

I only looked that 1 pic,I want to see what I an spot!

It looks very EPCOT. Buildings,monorail,all of it! I'd love to see FW get a huge facade and asthetics upgrade to have this look. Very futuristic.

LucyintheSky

Is that the same music that plays when you go to the Stark Expo website? Because that sounds SO much like "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"! It really made me smile when I heard it.

ABigBrassBand

An Iron Man AA would be sweet.

An AA? Sure, but not a rethemeing of Innoventions to include Stark Industries. Maybe a re-themeing of FW to be inspired by the Stark Expo, but if there is a Stark sign or anything, I would not enjoy that :-/, I really don't want Marvel to go in the parks that AREN'T DHS, they only sound fit there.

Maryssa*

Saw the movie last night, there's even a song in there that reminded me a LOT of one of the old old EPCOT songs. (actually I was thinking of that upbeat "we're reaching new horizons" song)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom