'EPCOT BECOMING' - A National Geographic Special on the park's transformation

Cmdr_Crimson

In the 20th century, I was an avid annual subscriber to the National Geographic Society.

If I'd know they would later breathlessly detail the decline and fall of a once great theme park, I might have reconsidered.
Perhaps they should just bring back Epcot Magazine instead..I would rather watch that..

montyz81

Wow, this is pathetic. They are trying to drum up excitement to make it seem like they changed everything at Epcot... What did they actually do? They renamed an area into three different areas, put in some pipes to make water squirt, put up a bit of monstrosity of a boxed-shaped building with a roller coaster in it, and planted a few trees in the middle of the park. Oh, and tried twice (and failed, I might add) to recreate/replace what was a perfect water-born fireworks show. All of these efforts simply removed and replaced what was true innovation and imagination. All this while Universal builds an entirely new park. ---- I think Disney is using the force to play Jedi mind tricks with this documentary. (Waving a hand over my face); "This is the Epcot you were looking for...."

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow, this is pathetic. They are trying to drum up excitement to make it seem like they changed everything at Epcot... What did they actually do? They renamed an area into three different areas, put in some pipes to make water squirt, put up a bit of monstrosity of a boxed-shaped building with a roller coaster in it, and planted a few trees in the middle of the park. Oh, and tried twice (and failed, I might add) to recreate/replace what was a perfect water-born fireworks show. All of these efforts simply removed and replaced what was true innovation and imagination. All this while Universal builds an entirely new park. ---- I think Disney is using the force to play Jedi mind tricks with this documentary. (Waving a hand over my face); "This is the Epcot you were looking for...."
Honestly What's with the Title? BECOMING....What? Stangnant? To the people that think this was a good idea to do this. I, and the many many people say..
16ceebc9-9827-48f0-b183-f6172a9d2966_text.gif

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m normally the negative one but you all are nuts if you think this is a negative.

The new entry is much better than the old tombstone entrance.
Guardians is much better than Ellen’s Energy Adventure.
Luminous is much better than Harmoniius.
I have no doubt the new event building will be much better than the mostly empty building it replaced.
Moana is much better than the completely empty building it replaced.
The new Starbucks, restaurant, and shops are much better than the old Starbucks, Mousegears, and Electric Umbrella.
The courtyard full of trees is much better than the concrete jungle it replaced…

I hate the big blue building, that we didn’t get Mary Poppins, the play pavilion, and our SSE update, and I agree they could have gone with a better plan to fit the theme of Epcot better BUT what we did get is still infinitely better than the rotting carcass that it replaced.

It’s far from perfect but what it replaced was even further from perfect.

Cmdr_Crimson

I’m normally the negative one but you all are nuts if you think this is a negative.

The new entry is much better than the old tombstone entrance.
Guardians is much better than Ellen’s Energy Adventure.
Luminous is much better than Harmoniius.
I have no doubt the new event building will be much better than the mostly empty building it replaced.
Moana is much better than the completely empty building it replaced.
The new Starbucks, restaurant, and shops are much better than the old Starbucks, Mousegears, and Electric Umbrella.
The courtyard full of trees is much better than the concrete jungle it replaced…

I hate the big blue building, that we didn’t get Mary Poppins, the play pavilion, and our SSE update, and I agree they could have gone with a better plan to fit the theme of Epcot better BUT what we did get is still infinitely better than the rotting carcass that it replaced.

It’s far from perfect but what it replaced was even further from perfect.
Best way the whole Epcot plan turned out...

Epcot81Fan

Just checking:

Wonders of Life pavilion still completely shuttered and abandoned?

Journey Into Imagination pavilion still a disaster with a shortened, embarrassing attraction?

The Living Seas pavilion still a nearly abandoned low rent aquarium?

Spaceship Earth still clanking and rumbling and held together with duct tape with the Flash animation comedy bits still playing?

Morocco still nearly completely shuttered with the main restaurant still closed?

World Showcase still does not have a new country added since Ronald Reagan was in office?

Is that the theme park we are talking about?

Cmdr_Crimson

Just checking:

Wonders of Life pavilion still completely shuttered and abandoned?

Journey Into Imagination pavilion still a disaster with a shortened, embarrassing attraction?

The Living Seas pavilion still a nearly abandoned low rent aquarium?

Spaceship Earth still clanking and rumbling and held together with duct tape with the Flash animation comedy bits still playing?

Morocco still nearly completely shuttered with the main restaurant still closed?

World Showcase still does not have a new country added since Ronald Reagan was in office?

Is that the theme park we are talking about?
I Figured it out! Epcot BECOMING.......An Embarrassment!
Thank you and good night!
nostalgia-critic-dance-away.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom