Ep(icuri)cot

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Original Poster
With all the conversions to Food and Wine tasting sites, one could think of Epcot as a giant restaurant.

Epicure means: "one with sensitive and discriminating tastes especially in food or wine"

Does the food and wine live up to this reputation?

Or is Epcrocked a better fit?

techgeek

Food at Epcot festivals is notable for the wide variety of somewhat unusual things you may be able to sample in close proximity to each other.

Rarely does it produce anything truly remarkable from a foodie perspective. Solid, typically, and for many perhaps experimental… but most of the cuisines featured I can easily find ‘better’ examples of (in taste, quality, and value) throughout central Florida and I imagine most large cities.

celluloid

With all the conversions to Food and Wine tasting sites, one could think of Epcot as a giant restaurant.

Epicure means: "one with sensitive and discriminating tastes especially in food or wine"

Does the food and wine live up to this reputation?

Or is Epcrocked a better fit?

I would say more Dated Children's Science Center with drinky drinky time for the childless.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Food at Epcot festivals is notable for the wide variety of somewhat unusual things you may be able to sample in close proximity to each other.

Rarely does it produce anything truly remarkable from a foodie perspective. Solid, typically, and for many perhaps experimental… but most of the cuisines featured I can easily find ‘better’ examples of (in taste, quality, and value) throughout central Florida and I imagine most large cities.
Excellent summary.

Disstevefan1

EPCOT has become year round food festivals with a week or two breaks between them. It makes money and folks keep coming and buying. As we see now they close attractions (Canada) to use the space to sell food samples.

I remember when the food samples were $1.50. Today many are $7 and $8.

There is no end to this. More money, more money, more money..

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Original Poster
EPCOT has become year round food festivals with a week or two breaks between them. It makes money and folks keep coming and buying. As we see now they close attractions (Canada) to use the space to sell food samples.

I remember when the food samples were $1.50. Today many are $7 and $8.

There is no end to this. More money, more money, more money..
Soon they will rebrand "Food and Wine" as "Morsel and Sip".

tanc

The frozen apple pie is the best thing from food and wine imo. Epcroct sounds like a suitable name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom