Entrance Tickets - Paper or Plastic

amontpet

In the past we have order our Disney Tickets online (through the Disney World site) and when I have requested them to be delivered in the mail they were plastic and then the last time I choose to pick them up at Will Call and i was given paper tickets. If possible I would like the plastic ones. Has anyone else experienced this or is it random? How do I get the plastic ones?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have heard some mixed reports about some people receiving plastic tickets when ordered online but I have yet to see this first had save for a hard ticked event like MNSSHP. You can have paper tickets put onto your room key. However, the paper tickets are not actually paper they are mylar and are much more durable than the plastic tickets. The plastic tickets become demagnetized quite easily.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've attended the Christmas party the last 4 years in a row. First 3 times I had tickets mailed to me, and they were the hard plastic. Last year I did "will call" and got the mylar ones.

Upvote 0

Rob562

As a side note, none of the ticket windows issue tickets on plastic tickets. They're all the "paper" tickets (which aren't entirely paper, as has been mentioned). The printers/magnetic encoders for the plastic tickets are HUGE. (Have you seen the room key machines behind the desk at the hotels? They can only have one printer for every two or three stations).

The ticket booths are relatively small, and each window needs its own printer. The paper-ticket printers are much more compact, and can be built into the counters. They also slice each ticket from one continuous roll of tickets (which is why brand new paper tickets are always curved when you first get them).

-Rob

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

As a side note, none of the ticket windows issue tickets on plastic tickets. They're all the "paper" tickets (which aren't entirely paper, as has been mentioned). The printers/magnetic encoders for the plastic tickets are HUGE. (Have you seen the room key machines behind the desk at the hotels? They can only have one printer for every two or three stations).

The ticket booths are relatively small, and each window needs its own printer. The paper-ticket printers are much more compact, and can be built into the counters. They also slice each ticket from one continuous roll of tickets (which is why brand new paper tickets are always curved when you first get them).

-Rob

Thanks! When I renewed my Tables in Wonderland card by mail I was always sent a plastic one. Last year I renewed in person at the Magic Kingdom and was issued the "paper" one. I wondered why the difference. Now I know. :)

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

Same here, when we order them from the website we get plastic tickets and when we pick them up they are "paper" tickets. Now we just put them on our room key to make it easier and that way we only have one ticket instead.

Having the room key, park tickets, credit card and DDP all on one ticket is quick and easy.

Upvote 0

Figments Friend

For those buying On Property at WDW....and really would like to get a 'plastic' ticket....

Instead of purchasing at the gate, purchase them at any Disney Resort hotel. This might increase your chances of scoring a plastic ticket.

Upvote 0

Rob562

For those buying On Property at WDW....and really would like to get a 'plastic' ticket....

Instead of purchasing at the gate, purchase them at any Disney Resort hotel. This might increase your chances of scoring a plastic ticket.

Correct. Any tickets purchased at the Lobby Concierge desk at the hotels will be on plstic room key stock.

But, as has been discussed, the "paper" tickets are MUCH more durable than the plastic ones in just about every way, except when they get soaking wet. (And even then, the paper tickets retain their printing and can easily be replaced)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Correct. Any tickets purchased at the Lobby Concierge desk at the hotels will be on plstic room key stock.

But, as has been discussed, the "paper" tickets are MUCH more durable than the plastic ones in just about every way, except when they get soaking wet. (And even then, the paper tickets retain their printing and can easily be replaced)

-Rob
We had a bit of a surprise in that area about a month ago. My wife jumped into the pool with her AP and 3 room keys in her pocket. She immediately got out of the pool and left everything out to dry. The AP still works and all 3 room keys had to be replaced.

Upvote 0

Rob562

We had a bit of a surprise in that area about a month ago. My wife jumped into the pool with her AP and 3 room keys in her pocket. She immediately got out of the pool and left everything out to dry. The AP still works and all 3 room keys had to be replaced.

Odd.

On my first visit to Islands of Adventure, I put everything in a locker *except* my wallet (oops), and then went on all the water rides in rapid succession right before park close. I got absolutely drenched, and my Disney AP stayed in my wallet soaked until I got back to the car.

When my Disney AP dried, it curled up like a cannolli shell, had to get it replaced (but the ink stayed on it just fine).
All of the register receipts I had in the wallet though... they were stuck together in one mushy lump. (I was able to peel apart a few of them and let them dry and be saved, but others were mush and the ink ran).

-Rob

Upvote 0

wizards8507

In the past we have order our Disney Tickets online (through the Disney World site) and when I have requested them to be delivered in the mail they were plastic and then the last time I choose to pick them up at Will Call and i was given paper tickets. If possible I would like the plastic ones. Has anyone else experienced this or is it random? How do I get the plastic ones?

If there's a Disney Store near you, they'll have the plastic tickets. I've seen both plastic and *paper* at AAA locations too.

Upvote 0

rpk4444

I hate the paperish tickets. I always feel like I'm going to rip it or destroy it in some way. But, having used both. I have had problems with the plastic ones and never had any issues with the paperish.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I hate the paperish tickets. I always feel like I'm going to rip it or destroy it in some way. But, having used both. I have had problems with the plastic ones and never had any issues with the paperish.

If you have an old one laying around, try and rip it in half. It'll change the way you think of those "paper" tickets. ;)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom