Entire WDWMAGIC site now available on iPhone and Windows Mobile

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are very pleased to announce that for the first time ever, the entire WDWMAGIC web site is now available on the iPhone, Windows Mobile, and other portable platforms. The new mobile edition of the site has been designed to deliver the best browsing experience on devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, and Windows Mobile devices running 3G or WiFi.

WDWMAGIC Mobile brings all of the content from the regular site, including news, information, photo galleries, reviews, dining menus, searching, directly to your portable device. The site is optimized to work on low speed connections, so is ideal for use on 3G networks when at the parks, at home, or wherever you happen to be.

If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, Windows Mobile, or any other device that has a web browser, try out the site now at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com.

Some screen grabs are available at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/WDWMA...ow-available-on-iPhone-and-Windows-Mobile.htm

Thanks for visiting WDWMAGIC, and we hope that the new WDWMAGIC Mobile edition of the site gives you even more ways to access the site and stay in touch with all the latest park news and information.

DTM93

I just wanted to say thanks for this Steve.
It is great when I need to look at information quickly (even when you are not supposed to be :lol: ) and also quite interesting especially to see the Operating Hours for Easter etc.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just wanted to say thanks for this Steve.
It is great when I need to look at information quickly (even when you are not supposed to be :lol: ) and also quite interesting especially to see the Operating Hours for Easter etc.

You are welcome! Are you using an iPhone?

dizneykev

Iphone Icon?

Steve,

Thanks so much, the site looks awesome. One request however. it does not appear as if you have created a apple-touch-icon.png file for the site. So, when I add the page to my home page, I get a really bad picture of the webpage rather than a cool iphone icon. Can you add one for the site, please? Basically, it needs to be a 57x57 icon and it needs to be called apple-touch-icon.png. You then add it to the root directory of the wdwmagic.com website. The iphone will then pick it up automatically. This seems to be the only hole in the deployment that I can see. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into the site, it is a daily stop for me.

Dizneykev

dizneykev

I have the Iphone 3g. I actually get an icon if I bookmark the mobile.wdwmagic.com website. I usually just like to jump right to the forum. When I try to book mark that it when the icon does not show up. I will play with the link a little more and see what I can do.

Dizneykev

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve,

Thanks so much, the site looks awesome. One request however. it does not appear as if you have created a apple-touch-icon.png file for the site. So, when I add the page to my home page, I get a really bad picture of the webpage rather than a cool iphone icon. Can you add one for the site, please? Basically, it needs to be a 57x57 icon and it needs to be called apple-touch-icon.png. You then add it to the root directory of the wdwmagic.com website. The iphone will then pick it up automatically. This seems to be the only hole in the deployment that I can see. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into the site, it is a daily stop for me.

Dizneykev

Glad you like the site!

The 57 icon has been in place since day one. Are you not seeing it? I don't have an iPhone to test it on, but i have tested it on an iPod touch and I am seeing it work.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Glad you like the site!

The 57 icon has been in place since day one. Are you not seeing it? I don't have an iPhone to test it on, but i have tested it on an iPod touch and I am seeing it work.
The icon works if you bookmark the mobile.wdwmagic.com page. dizneykev is looking to have it on the forums page as well as he starts there.

So, yes the icon is where you put it and works, he just wants it elsewhere.

DTM93

I have the Iphone 3g. I actually get an icon if I bookmark the mobile.wdwmagic.com website. I usually just like to jump right to the forum. When I try to book mark that it when the icon does not show up. I will play with the link a little more and see what I can do.

Dizneykev

Oh right, sorry.

To get the icon for the forum do you have to be on the mobile WDWMagic Forum site?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Oh right, sorry.

To get the icon for the forum do you have to be on the mobile WDWMagic Forum site?
On an iPhone or iPod Touch, navigate to mobile.wdwmagic.com and touch the "+" sign at the bottom of the screen. It gives you the option "Add to Home Screen" that will place the icon on your home screen.

You can do this from any page, but it will only give a mini screen-shot if there isn't an icon associated with the page.

wdwfan100

Is there anyting in the works for Blackberry users? When I went to the mobile site I was unabe to post. I can still go to the full web site but it can be slow sometimes

dizneykev

Correct. I went to the forum that was optimized for the iphone and wanted to bookmark that page and have the icon show up. I thought if you put the icon in the root of the website that it just worked for any page on the wdwmagic.com domain. I guess I do not completely understand how it works. I did link to the main mobile page and it shows up perfectly. I would love to link to the exact page I visit daily, but that is not that big a deal. It would only save me a couple of clicks and this site is worth the effort.

Thanks again, Steve for all your hard work.

Dizneykev

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Correct. I went to the forum that was optimized for the iphone and wanted to bookmark that page and have the icon show up. I thought if you put the icon in the root of the website that it just worked for any page on the wdwmagic.com domain. I guess I do not completely understand how it works. I did link to the main mobile page and it shows up perfectly. I would love to link to the exact page I visit daily, but that is not that big a deal. It would only save me a couple of clicks and this site is worth the effort.

Thanks again, Steve for all your hard work.

Dizneykev
You can, it'll just have a mini screenshot as the icon instead of the stylized WDWMagic logo. Same process: From the forums.wdwmagic.com page, touch the + and "Add to Home Screen".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom