entering the parks

cherrynegra

That's odd. Everything I've read said to head to the left because the majority of people are right handed and therefore have more of an instinct to head right. In my experience I always headed left away from the crowd and never had problems.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
We have always gone throught Tomorowland first. I don;t know. I have always just done the "Keep to the right" thing.

Good tip though

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think it has anything to do with your handedness, but rather what country you live in. Walk down a sidewalk in America...you'll notice that you, and most likely everyone else, walk on the "right" side, just as if we were driving. This occurs in department stores, grocery stores, etc.

As I mentioned in that old post, we covered this in psychology class - specifically amusement parks and other large events like fairs, carnivals, flee markets, etc. Left handed people in America still drive and walk on the right side, so it doesn't have anything to do with hands.

However, with all the guidebooks and lure to E-Ticket attractions, this has thrown off the natural flow in most cases, even EPCOT. We've started with Mexico and Canada, both, and it's the same result.

Number_6

The last few times I went on Pirates of the Caribbean, both entrances were open but everyone went to the right-hand line, so I went in on the left. I waited five minutes tops, and saw the people that had entered the same time as me, on the right side, still waiting through one of the "windows" up over where the boats come in.

minnie76

When my brother and I were younger, we found that in Magic Kingdom it was best to head straight through the castle to Fantasyland and get those out of the way since they tend to develop really long lines. (This was also proabably about 15 years ago.) We would then go to Tomorrowland and around to Adventureland. Before then our family always went left. (Not sure if my parents were smart and avoided the crowd or what:)

arcsbite

ALWAYS GO TO THE LEFT!!
not the right, the brain will decide Right for you naturally, watch yourself when you're walking or driving, it's natural.
always head to the left side of ANY queue..anywhere and you'll notice 99% of the time it will go faster

...Disney are aware of this...this is why POTC and the resteraunt in Adventureland don't open till 10am, no one is there!! so head left and catch the quiet! (unless you want POTC or food :) )

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
This is getting way to technical...I go where the rides are that I want to ride. If it's EMH at MK, I go to Tomorrowland. If it's not, I hop on the train and go ride BTM & SM. At Epcot, we go to Test Track and Mission:SPACE first to get the FastPasses. World showcase...we usually start at Mexico so we can ride El Rio del Tiempo and Maelstrom. At AK...we're heading back to ride the safari or we go to get Fastpasses for the rapids. At MGM...left to ToT & RnR. No rhyme or reason...nothing having to do with which hand is holding the guidemap or anything that complex.

Having said that...I agree with the OP who said to use the left hand que when 2 are available. This works at the counter service cashiers also. In that case...people DO seem to favor the right hand side. I've leave it up to you to figure out why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom