Engagement help needed

Hopelessromantic

Original Poster
Hi all! I need help!

I'm looking at proposing to my girlfriend when I visit Orlando this August - but I have a specific idea of what I want. Please don't laugh. Can anyone help? Despite having been to Orlando 21 times (! ) I'm still at a loss as to what to do.

I want to try and reenact "Kiss the Girl" scene from "The Little Mermaid" - we're both big Disney fans. So a subtle romantic gesture of being on a rowing boat with someone / a band singing Kiss the Girl in the background. The amount of people present is irrelevant but really I'm after a non-Crocodile infested lake (difficult I know!) where my and my girlfriend can row a 2-man boat, with perhaps a band singing the song on the pier/shore/another boat.

Does anyone know of any hotels that might help? Would the boardwalk do this perhaps? Or Downtown Disney?

If you've got any alternative suggestions I'd be really interested in hearing them. This type of planning is fun/stressful/more stressful than fun.

Thanks. Hopeless Romantic x

Why don't you start by calling resorts around the lagoon like Grand Floridian or Contemporary and asking about boat rentals. That lagoon will also give you the castle backdrop.

righttrack

Yes, Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemp. Don't discount Port Orleans or Coronado which have watercraft available too. Do it! YOLO!

luv

The rule in Florida is that if you can't see to the bottom of the water, you have to assume there is a croc/gator in there. There is no such thing as a non-croc lake. :)

I haven't seen any rowboats in Disney, but they do have other sorts of watercraft available. Sea World has paddle boats, which might be the closest thing to a rowboat. I think the paddle boats have flamingos on them but am not sure...but Sea World isn't Disney.

I don't know that bands are available, but they'd be many thousands of dollars if they were, I'm sure. Would an iPod and portable speaker suffice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom