End of January/February time- experiences?

rubydoo2

Hi everyone,

I have been tied to visiting during UK school holidays my entire adult life, but I am finally thinking about leaving teaching and potentially visiting WDW at the end of January/start of February 2024.

What are the crowds like around this time? How is the weather? Are there any major events ie RunDisney that I should try to avoid?

Would love to hear any thoughts on a good time to visit!

Leo!

Hi everyone,

I have been tied to visiting during UK school holidays my entire adult life, but I am finally thinking about leaving teaching and potentially visiting WDW at the end of January/start of February 2024.

What are the crowds like around this time? How is the weather? Are there any major events ie RunDisney that I should try to avoid?

Would love to hear any thoughts on a good time to visit!

Hi,

Just try to avoid marathon weekends and US federal holidays and you'll be fine crowd-wise. Next year marathons will be early January and end of february. Weather is cold sometimes but should be OK during the day. Not pool weather at all (well, depends which part of UK you're living ;))

Upvote 0

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I’ve gone a couple of times in early February and enjoyed it crowd and weather -wise.

As previously stated, avoid the marathon days and MLK jr weekend and Presidents’ Day weekend.

For weather I’ve generally found to be sunny and probably like a 18-24*C which I find comfortable for walking around. It does tend to be cooler in the mornings and evenings so a I would recommend a light jacket or sweatshirt etc.

February crowds have been nice but have been increasing year to year.

And as a spouse of a former teacher I say good luck to you as you determine your plan. I can certainly understand why someone would want to leave that profession but also understand why that decision would be hard to make.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

January and February are a wonderful time at Disney. Usually less crowds. Usually, the pools in the resorts are heated. Just like a previous person said, avoid MLK and President's day. I believe they have a festival during that time, but I'm not sure about that.

Upvote 1

Wendy Pleakley

One perk of that time is that it's "cold" to many people, so while the parks are certainly still busy water parks can be ghost towns.

As a result, they're a great place to have a relaxing day with minimal wait times.

Keeping in mind they often close if the temperature is particularly low, and I think Volcano Bay at Universal is closed a certain number of days per week.

Upvote 0

Mireille

Premium Member
I'll just give an anecdotal warning, it CAN get cool... one time I went for a week in February (2017 or 2018 I think) and there were a couple days that were mostly in the 50s to low 60s (like 12-18c) and overcast. For me, it just felt weird for a Florida vacation, having to wear a jacket and long pants... It's the only time I have ever felt sad in WDW. But I think that's relatively unusual and, as time passes in the anthropocene epoch, will probably become less and less common.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom