End of Early Openings?

David

Original Poster
I just read on another WDW web page that they are ending early openings for resort guests into the parks. Apparently these are being replaced by "Character Caravans" where the characters will come to the resorts and kids can meet them before the parks open. They will appear at different resorts on different days. Sure, it is fun to see the characters, but I want to be in the parks. To me, this and the transportation system was a big advantage of being on-site. Have any of you heard of this? This may be old news that I have missed but I am really disappointed!:mad: :mad:

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Yes it is old news. But the removal of early entry in not a big deal in my opinion. Remember you are on vacation. Dont rush around to see everything. Take you time and savor the moment.

Carl

But.

I believe that taking your time and enjoying the vacation is greatly improved by early entry. Have you ever gotten in early and just hung around Main Street and enjoyed the total lack of crowds?

cbjlshaw

I agree with Carl. Having the privilage to be able to go into the theme parks and just take a stroll down Main street or any other street at WDW has to be one of the best feelings a person on vacation could experience. I mean WDW is such a big draw anyway that anytime you can be in a park with fewer crowds is a big perk.

MGM WDWFan

Definitely. I went on this class trip in 8th grade in February of '99 and there were very few people at any of the parks. I got to walk down Main Street at a leisurely pace, breeze my way onto Test Track, and ride TOT 4 times without stopping (an experience I won't soon repeat....blecch....) but anyway, that is a great feeling and I would be disappointed to see the early entry days go. There's just something about walking into Adventureland through that crisp Florida fog at 8 AM that attracts me :)

--MGM

Lee L

I was just down there 1/26-1/31 but I also noticed that they did not open the parks (MGM was the only place we were there right at opening) early like they used to do. We were all standing there at the turnstiles until 8:55 then they held us at a rope just past the first section of shops until 9:00 on the dot. We did hear someone using some lawn equipment nearby - a weed wacker and a leaf blower so it is possible that something was missed and not show ready, anyone know?

Smee

I think doing away with EE is a terrible decision, character visits or not. Even if you didn't take advantage of it the point of going to WDW is having access to the parks. We always took advantage of EE and loved it. It is especially important to a summer guest.

I have loads of family pictures with characters, and with my kid now 11 years old, the thrill of posing with Goofy just isn't there anymore. He wants to ride, and the earlier the better.

EE gone, pay for valet parking, what's next to be eliminated for the resort guest?

The Mom

Premium Member
I suspect that it may return this summer. I too enjoyed being in the parks in the relatively cool of early morning. By 11, things start to get too damn hot, so I like to head back to the pool, lunch, and a little nap/rest! Then off again at dinner time!

The end of EE days is a big disaster! I really don't want to be distracted or delayed from going to the park with another meet and greet that will take 2 hours just to see a character that I can see at the parks---which is where I want to be. EE was a definite big advantage to being on site and I bet that this decision will have a negative impact upon reservations at Disney resorts. I know I am reconsidering about onsite reservations from now on when I go! What a shame! :(

Belle13

We always used EE mornings when we went to WDW. However, we really didn't miss them as much as we thought we would when we were last there. We enjoyed getting an 1 1/2 hours more sleep in the morning, and the Character Caravans were really quite fun.

If they were to reinstate them, I think that they would really only need to do it at the MK. That is the park that it seems to benefit the most people---especially those with little kids.

General Grizz

Early Entry ROCKED! :sohappy:

Ride Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, Alien Encounter, Buzz and Lightyear - with ZERO wait and gives 2 hours of rest in the afternoon! :snore:

I miss it. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom