Enchanted Tiki Room

Djsfantasi

Original Poster
I’ve seen the Enchanted Tiki Room at both WDW and Disneyland. The one at Disneyland was in 1964.

I recently came back from WDW. I seem to remember large Tiki Gods in the center of the room, that arose from the garden.

They weren’t in the current show. Is my memory bad? Did they ever exist and where and when?

Thanks.

Bender123

Not everyone disliked it.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Astro_Digital

Me when I used to be able to afford to go to WDW enjoyed the nastalgia.
Tiki Room I never found boring, I remember fondly leaving the Tiki Room going back with my to the Grand Floridian singing "Let's all Sing like the birdies sing". The thing they replaced it with was an insult to me and my Mom's memory. Disney has enough space and land that they can leave the classics alone but no...... and do not get me started on Journey to Imagination.

danyoung56

I know it's probably sacrilege, but I enjoyed the new version too. I'm also a fan of the original, although for some reason it seems better in Disneyland than in the MK.

gustaftp

Under Mew Management may have been fun when it first opened, but it got really long in the tooth, really fast. They should’ve done it for only a couple years, and then reverted back to the timeless classic show. 3 years tops; 13 years was way too long, many of the “hits” trying to make it seem “hip and cool” were quickly outdated (IE: Gloria Estefan), and unlike the classic the snarky attitude of New Management simply didn’t wear well for the long term.

Club Cooloholic

I was inspired to skim a video of the Under New Management version. Is Iago holding a bull horn or an air horn? That animatronic goddess was pretty cool though, kind reminds of something from the Pandora boat ride.

Raineman

Let's purge all thoughts of Under New Management from our collective memories. This is the single worst update of a classic attraction that I have ever witnessed.
From everything I've heard, I'm glad I never experienced what seems like an abomination of an uber-classic Disney attraction. TBH, I didn't even experience the Tiki Room for the first time until my fourth trip 2 years ago. If I have to turn over my Disney theme park nerd membership card because of that fact, just let me know.:D (Come to think of it, there are a few classic attractions I've not yet stepped foot in. I feel shame. lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom