News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

Given the way its squeezed between the safari and the trek - and with the high number of animal care facilities along Conservation Way - I'd be shocked to see them go this route. There are plenty of areas for expansion that wouldn't require this level of development or guest access risk.
There have been hints at this on the past, pre-pandemic:

An insider in the truest sense of the word once hinted the train could become part of a much bigger plan. Seems I remember it could be a resort or a new land. Certainly the train could create a much more immersive experience if they chose that option.
Also, @ToTBellHop has indicated there are plans to build north of Everest/Kali River IIRC.

UNCgolf

Given the way its squeezed between the safari and the trek - and with the high number of animal care facilities along Conservation Way - I'd be shocked to see them go this route. There are plenty of areas for expansion that wouldn't require this level of development or guest access risk.

Completely agree -- I've been shooting this idea down for a while here.

They might eventually expand all the way up to Conservation Station, but I think that's a very long way off. It's just not feasible without a tremendous amount of work.

There have been hints at this on the past, pre-pandemic:

Also, @ToTBellHop has indicated there are plans to build north of Everest/Kali River IIRC.

That wouldn't get to Conservation Station, though, unless they built an expansion that essentially doubled the size of the current park (excluding the Safari).

ToTBellHop

There have been plans for here in the past, but the train would have been removed.
1714256284408.png

It’s obviously pushed off given current plans.

UNCgolf

There have been plans for here in the past, but the train would have been removed.
View attachment 782077
It’s obviously pushed off given current plans.

I kind of doubt they were planning to use the entire plot, though, at least all at once -- mainly because it would be an absolutely massive expansion. It's basically the same size as Pandora, the Oasis, and Dinoland USA combined. It's also bigger than Africa/Asia combined, minus the animal trails and Safari.

They do need to expand there eventually. I assume they could also expand east/northeast of Everest/Kali.

ToTBellHop

I kind of doubt they were planning to use the entire plot, though, at least all at once -- mainly because it would be an absolutely massive expansion. It's basically the same size as Pandora, the Oasis, and Dinoland USA combined. It's also bigger than Africa/Asia combined, minus the animal trails and Safari.

They do need to expand there eventually. I assume they could also expand east/northeast of Everest/Kali.
Yes, it’s a huge plot. We all know how long these expansion plots sit around…and with current plans, we are talking 2040s probably…
1714257128091.jpeg

UNCgolf

Yes, it’s a huge plot. We all know how long these expansion plots sit around…and with current plans, we are talking 2040s probably…
View attachment 782078

Have they also considered the below area? I'm sure it would be even further into the future because the aforementioned plot would make more sense/be much easier to develop first, but I'm curious if it's a possibility or if there is something preventing development here. It would also allow for a massive expansion.

1714257905470.png

ToTBellHop

Have they also considered the below area? I'm sure it would be even further into the future because the aforementioned plot would make more sense/be much easier to develop first, but I'm curious if it's a possibility or if there is something preventing development here. It would also allow for a massive expansion.

View attachment 782080
Not sure the land is usable. Maybe I can haunt whatever land they put there in 2080.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 782080
It's marked "conservation" and "unsuitable"

Which means, to use it, Disney would have to purchase undeveloped land elsewhere (and a lot more than the area of the land they want to use). And then, spend a lot to make the land suitable by dropping tons of dirt on it.

James Alucobond

What’s the capacity of the train anyway? I’d kill to have them move the train to the front of the park as transit between AK and AKL and then use that space for better access to the expansion pad, but that’s probably logistically impossible.

Advisable Joseph

@MisterPenguin, there was more talk about reusing the train:

Lee indicated at one point it could possibly connect to a resort someday. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to travel these boards anymore.

Who is "Lee"?

I've known of pitches to eliminate the train, relocate the petting zoo, and take the hospital fully offstage, but never anything that included expanding that far north. It's not feasible, for like a million reasons.I'veI've

Does "take the hospital fully offstage" mean building a new hospital?

An old comment from when Avatar was going to go to the north:
, YMMV:
The petting zoo is not going anywhere...however it is being relocated to Camp Minnie-Mickey because it has more of a fit in that land. The Animal Care facilities will also be moved but it is unclear to where at this point. They are ironing out the final details before they break ground early next year.

Advisable Joseph

Also
Glendale have long wanted a way to connect Raffikis to the rest of DAK without the train. Avland would do that. Of course if Raffikis does move the option of using the land north of Kali anyway would tie in with the long term land use proposals for the park.

This suggests a path going all the way to Rafiki's is viable, contra other claims in this thread.

What could "long term land use" mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom