EMH Question?

bobbywdw24

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This may sound like a stupid question but if I leave a park that is having the Extra Magic Hours to go back to my hotel to eat before they start handing out the wristbands can I come back to the park while the Extra Magic Hours are in progress and just get a wristabnd at the main entrance or do you have to be at the park the whole time.:veryconfu Thanks

JEDIsney

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that get a wristband at the main entrance even after the Extra Magic Hours have started. As long as you have your Resort ID, you should be fine.

Can anyone else back me up on this?

crallen06

Yes you can. We went to the Hoop Dee Doo at 7:15pm or 7:30pm this past May and the show did not end until after 9:00pm, which was when the park closed that night. We got in the park and were able to get our wristbands right in front of the park. Plus all of the other locations around the park were still giving out wristbands. There should be a sign telling you the different locations around the park that are handing the bands out, just make sure you have your ID and that you have it on before you try to ride anything. They turned someone away from a ride because he did not have the wristband, even though he showed his resort ID to the cast member at the entrance to the ride.

Philmvt

Extra, but not so magic...

I went to EMH at EPCOT Tues and arrrived around 10. You just have to show your hotel key. The problem was the wait times! The number of attendees is supposed to allow for more frequent rides since there would be less of a crowd. , but the wait times were still an hour for Soarin', 45 min for Test Track and Mission SPace was just hop on in....:(

brertigger

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that get a wristband at the main entrance even after the Extra Magic Hours have started. As long as you have your Resort ID, you should be fine.

Can anyone else back me up on this?

Yes, that's correct. They have at least one turnstile open, with people available to hand out wristbands at that location.

hookedondisney

you probably should get your wristband as quick as possible on the nights when you see big crowds...just to make sure that you actually get one and they dont run out..im pretty sure you could get one after park closing though

shoppingnut

I went to EMH at EPCOT Tues and arrrived around 10. You just have to show your hotel key. The problem was the wait times! The number of attendees is supposed to allow for more frequent rides since there would be less of a crowd. , but the wait times were still an hour for Soarin', 45 min for Test Track and Mission SPace was just hop on in....:(

And usually come 11:00p you can walk on to TT and by 11:30 Soarin's usually about a 10min wait. People with little ones will usually stay a little while after the fireworks end at 9:15, so the crowds don't really start to thin until 10:30ish.

metscool

If you go to Epcot for EMH you should do the ride frist in Future World then after the Reflections of Earth is over you wait and then go around the "World". Do some shoping or eat things from the countries.

PintoColvig

I may be wrong about this but I believe that wrist bands begin to be distributed approx. 3 hours before regular closing hours as well.

LilRoo714

You should be fine, I have never heard of them running out of bands, they give them out till an hour before EMH ends

Sometimes they temporarily run out of bands at one area of a park, but don't worry because every park has multiple places to get bands and they restock them fairly quickly, especially at Epcot where managers use the Segways to bring more! There's no limit on the number of bands, so you'll be able to get one up until an hour before EMH ends.

Good rule of thumb is usually 2 hrs before EMH starts that they start handing out bands. The lines for bands are the longest when they first start handing them out and right after any fireworks show or parade. Get them during the fireworks, parade, or at the front gate if EMH's already started. Have fun!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom