EMH Question?

amykissangel

Original Poster
Ok, so last time we went to Disney (my best friend, cousin, and friend),we checked in for two adults and two kids (cousin and friend were 17.)

Now when we went to show our room cards for EMH in the parks, they just looked at them, then handed us a bracelet.

This year, when we go, will they have my cousin and friend in the system as being 17 last year, so they know that this year, they are adults?

If so, what if we said there were only 2 adults in the room? Could my best friend and I just hand my cousin and friend our room cards and they could get bracelets at a different "bracelet handing out" station? Do they scan the cards to know if they've been used already?

Thanks for all your underhanded info!!:wave:

brertigger

It is very unlikely that this would work. They now scan the cards on Palm Pilot-type devices. All of the stations are now tied together.

amykissangel

Original Poster
Thanks! So, in your opinion, do you think they have the ages of my cousin and friend already in the computer from last year? Would they know if we said they are 17 again this year? :lookaroun

when we went last summer, my aunts family stayed off property, while my family were at OKW. we didnt want them to have to miss our on EMH so they came with us, since u are still allowed in the parks just not on the rides. my aunt and uncle didnt care so much about going on the rides but we felt bad out our cousins. so once we went and got our wristbands we just handed our cards to them and they went through and they got wristbands! i guess the little scanner things dont register that the cards have allready been used for the evening. we werent trying to cheat disney or anything, just didnt want to have anyone left out. hope this helps!

brertigger

amykissangel said:
Hmmm...I wonder if they were broken...otherwise, I wonder what the scanners are for??? Interesting...:) Thank you!

Probably just a computer glitch. I know the scanners are supposed to verify that you haven't used that card yet (according to CMs). I would think they would all be networked, but maybe not.

Nemo14

Sounds likee you're looking for advise on how to cheat the system - not exactly the spirit of this forum.....:hammer:

schachteles

I know when we there in May they didn't scan our cards, just looked at the card, asked us how many bands we wanted and handed them to us and we had to put them on ourselves.

amykissangel

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
Sounds likee you're looking for advise on how to cheat the system - not exactly the spirit of this forum.....:hammer:

You're 100% right...I'm sorry. I know people have different views on this - but I figured that when I read about people trying to cheat fastpass, I thought I could ask about this as well- was just checking to see answers and opinions...

musketeer

jaredliu said:
I will never fell guilty if I cheat Disney, the biggest money eater in the world.

You are absolutely right. I should be able to just take stuff from the stores on their property without paying. And I should just walk out before paying the bill at any of their restaurants. And I should be able to sneak into the park without paying.

...nothing like rationalizing stealing...

kennygman

Everyone has to be present now to get the EMH bracelet. The CM actually puts in on your arm, doesn't just hand it to you, that way someone won't give it to a non-disney guest. I didn't know this last Dec and had to find everyone in just a few mins to get the bracelets.

JimboJones123

At DL, my family bought tickets w/the emh, but my ticket didn't have it. In the morning, we arrived for EMH and we didn't know mine didn't have it, but they let me in anyways. I'm not to sure about passing the wristbands. Maybe if you asked and they said okay, it wouldn't be a problem, but flat out stealing is kinda not so gray. I'm sure they didn't mind the extra drinks and popcorn you bought while there, but the rewards for staying on property are clearly defined. This may be something that would cause dismissal from parks and have your passes evoked. Not a good idea to do something like this. Just ask, they may be nice. Just say you are visiting friends, but they can't stay at the disney hotels, but would like them to have fun with you. Then promise to buy extra churros and pocketwatches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom