EMH Question

DBV

Original Poster
I am arriving at WDW on April 22, and I see that MK has EMH at night. They claim park is closing at 10pm, so I gather that EMH are from 7-10pm.

How far in advance must you "line up" to wtach the fireworks? With EMH being kind of early, I would like to spend less time waiting for the fireworks and more time riding attractions.

Will non-resort visitors typically hang around, or will the fireworks be much less crowded? Thanks!!

lilclerk

I am arriving at WDW on April 22, and I see that MK has EMH at night. They claim park is closing at 10pm, so I gather that EMH are from 7-10pm.

If the park is closing at 10, EMH would be from 10-1am.
BUT the fireworks will still be at 10pm.

CleveRocks

How far in advance must you "line up" to wtach the fireworks? With EMH being kind of early, I would like to spend less time waiting for the fireworks and more time riding attractions.

Will non-resort visitors typically hang around, or will the fireworks be much less crowded? Thanks!!
Whenever you see a listing of park times, it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS times that the park is open to the general public. You must then do the "EMH math" yourself. So if MK is open until 10:00 p.m., that means it is open for resort guests until 1:00 a.m.

I'd find a good spot for Wishes AT LEAST 30 minutes in advance; if you get stressed by such situations, find a good spot earlier than that. Get a snack and relax. One time, we didn;t realize we'd be sticking around for Wishes, but since we found ourselves in the park that late we decided to watch. Let me tell you, it really stinks to have a very obstructed view or a very "side" view. You feel like you're missing out on something that literally thousands of others are enjoying.

k.hunter30

By the time EMH is one hour underway - how long would the waits be for the big rides (Space Mountain, Splash, etc.) - taking into consideration late April ealry May isn't too busy to begin with?

lilclerk

By the time EMH is one hour underway - how long would the waits be for the big rides (Space Mountain, Splash, etc.) - taking into consideration late April ealry May isn't too busy to begin with?

In early February, we went on Splash 3 times in a row during an EMH. It was spectacular.

k.hunter30

In early February, we went on Splash 3 times in a row during an EMH. It was spectacular.
Meaning no wait at all? Just stayed on the ride? How great would that be!
How late was that? (I hear the first hour there are still a number of people in the park riding rides, etc.)

lilclerk

Meaning no wait at all? Just stayed on the ride? How great would that be!

Yup! It was so fun.
Yes, the first hour was still pretty nuts so we just got popcorn and wandered around for a while, then started going on rides again. Big Thunder didn't have much of a wait, and we walked right on Pirates.

That was our best night in the parks =)

tigsmom

The first hour or so is still busy, but if you can make it thru that you should be ok. We also find a place for Wishes about 30 minutes before. We were in the garden by the bridge to Tomorrowland and Tink went right over our heads.

I don't think the crowds should be too bad for you so relax and enjoy. :wave:

DBV

Original Poster
OK, so that is opposite what the phone rep told me. She said that the park would close at 7pm and EMH would run until 10pm. But if the calendar says 10pm, it runs until 1am.

What a difference. Thanks so much!

CleveRocks

OK, so that is opposite what the phone rep told me. She said that the park would close at 7pm and EMH would run until 10pm. But if the calendar says 10pm, it runs until 1am.

What a difference. Thanks so much!
Here's a link to a chart of park hours for April: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/april07.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

You'll see MK is listed as closing at 10:00 p.m. It being an EMH evening, it's absolutely open to resort guests until 1:00 a.m., no doubt about it.

The more experience you get with WDW, the more you'll realize that the CMs working at the Disney Reservation Center are excellent at their jobs, which is giving information on resorts, theme park tickets, and dining. However, they are NOT experts on all aspects of WDW, including details about the operations of the theme parks and transportation.When it comes to theme parks and transportation, many of us have gotten all kinds of loopy, odd information that just ain't so.:veryconfu

DBV

Original Poster
I'm actually pretty irritated b/c I cancelled a Sunday night reservation at Le Cellier to do EMH instead, which are now not until 10pm.

I shoudl have known better than to listen to that advice. Thank goodness I posted it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom