EMH or not EMH?

Shelleyx4

I am so confused. It seems it would be a no brainer to go to the parks at emh hours, but after looking at some crowd calendars and other advice, it is best NOT to go to parks on emh days?? But to go the next day. What is anyone's experience or advice on this?

lostpro9het

We've found great success, even during the week of Christmas, with making rope drop, leaving around 11:00-12:00 and returning around 5:00-6:00 on days with extra magic hours in the evening. Im defining success as getting a lot of riding in with minimal waits. Grab a bite, some pool time and a nap back at the resort and you're ready to attack the park in the evening.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I am so confused. It seems it would be a no brainer to go to the parks at emh hours, but after looking at some crowd calendars and other advice, it is best NOT to go to parks on emh days?? But to go the next day. What is anyone's experience or advice on this?
Go to early hours. Ride all your must do's. Then, go to another park around lunchtime for the rest of the day.
This makes such a difference in what you will be able, how many times you'll be able to do it, and cooler weather during extreme heat.
I always find it hard to believe people have actually done early hours when they recommend you skip it.
Even during spring break, with unbelievable lines/waits after lunch, the early hours were basically walk-on.
You are also already in the park at regular hour rope drop, so you can quickly get a start on fastpasses.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Crowd calendars always assume higher crowds on EMH days because like you said, "its a no brainer" for guest staying on property to take advantage of them. But I've always gone during Sept which has low crowds anyway and have found EMH nights to be fun but more crowded than regular days. I would still choose an EMH day just because its fun to be at the MK at midnight! The lines will be longer but not enough where you wont enjoy yourself!

Upvote 0

Shelleyx4

Original Poster
We've found great success, even during the week of Christmas, with making rope drop, leaving around 11:00-12:00 and returning around 5:00-6:00 on days with extra magic hours in the evening. Im defining success as getting a lot of riding in with minimal waits. Grab a bite, some pool time and a nap back at the resort and you're ready to attack the park in the evening.

This is exactly how i have planned our trip :)

Upvote 0

SpecialAgentK

So are nighttime EMH more crowded than regular days in the fall? We're coming (Sept 28-Oct 5) from the west coast with a baby so not sure if we can do much in the mornings. I was hoping to make use of later nights through EMH.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Crowd calendars always assume higher crowds on EMH days because like you said, "its a no brainer" for guest staying on property to take advantage of them.

Yes, but many guests still don't make rope drop, but they still feel that there is an advantage to the morning EMH park?

This is why it is recommended for off-site guests to hit that park the day after.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

So are nighttime EMH more crowded than regular days in the fall? We're coming (Sept 28-Oct 5) from the west coast with a baby so not sure if we can do much in the mornings. I was hoping to make use of later nights through EMH.

When I say more crowded.... For example: On a non-EMH night at the MK, wait times for Space Mountain might be 20 - 25 minutes while on EMH night at MK, Space Mountain wait times are about 30 - 40 minutes. You should still go to night EMH, I do all the time. You will get alot out of them and the difference is really small.

Upvote 0

Shelleyx4

Original Poster
I caved. I blew up the disney experience site by moving reservations around. Making more room/time for rest. Yes, rest. lol And getting in all 4 parks....including extra time for epcot and MK. And using some emh hours.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We always take advantage of the evening EMH as I am not an early riser. We go in the fall or inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas and have never found the parks to be much more crowded on those days. :)

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
we did the EME at MK on our last full day before going home.It was awesome .Managed to ride BTMRR 6 times in a row :D And do the new mermaid ride HM and IASW as well as catching the late showing of Spectro.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Also depends on your family and age of your kids. If you can get up and take advantage of early EMH, then do it. But we personally avoid evening EMH parks because a) we have young kids who can't hang that late, and b) the crowds tend to be higher during the rest of the day at those parks.

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

EMH at Epcot and MK tend to work well in the evening. Epcot tends to rarely be crowded, and MK has enough attractions to absorb the crowds. Avoid DHS and AK on evening EMH as the parks are more crowded and, especially in AK where many attractions only operate during the day, the EMH is horrendous. We did DHS EHM twice and both times were horrible. I don't really worry about morning EMH. I'm not up that early and don't really notice crowd differences during the day. I did Blizzard Beach EMH once and it was not crowded. If you choose to do a weekend MK EMH, spend the day at another park (AK is usually good for this since it's less crowded on the weekends and closes earlier) and park hop.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom