EMH not so magical?

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
Hi All,
Just got back from the most wonderful vacation my family and I could have ever asked for! The disney blues are now in full affect. Its even hard to log on here as I so badly want to be immersed in the magic, ok, sorry for the short rant. Onto my question...

Last Wednesday we were in the Magic Kingdom for EMH, (10pm-12am) I noticed that people without magic bands were getting on attractions. When we walked up to one of the attractions, we went to the cast member to have them scan our magic bands (assuming I had to prove we were ok to be there), they just moved me on my way and said I was all set.

Is Disney becoming more lax on who can participate in EMH's?

BoarderPhreak

Eeek. They're normally pretty strict about getting on rides during EMH (though you can occasionally get past a CM)... Obviously, a MB means nothing in and of itself.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I've had it where I was getting a re-ride during EMH and the cast member recognized me and didn't require me to re-scan my band and I've had it where it was very late in EMH and the cast member didn't scan my band, but usually they are pretty good about doing something to ensure you are a hotel guest...

SeaCastle

If EMH was the only tangible benefit of staying on property this would bother me more but with how expensive park tickets are and staying on-property is, I don't really mind when off property folks try to sneak a few extra rides on. I always viewed EMH as a perk in that the parks are open earlier or later, not that it was exclusive to Disney resort guests. Extended hours has its own way of thinning the herd. Suffice to say I would also feel differently if this was Disneyland because the number of off-property guests/locals is so large compared to Disney resort visitors.

BoarderPhreak

If EMH was the only tangible benefit of staying on property this would bother me more but with how expensive park tickets are and staying on-property is, I don't really mind when off property folks try to sneak a few extra rides on. I always viewed EMH as a perk in that the parks are open earlier or later, not that it was exclusive to Disney resort guests. Extended hours has its own way of thinning the herd. Suffice to say I would also feel differently if this was Disneyland because the number of off-property guests/locals is so large compared to Disney resort visitors.
I'd have to disagree. There's a LOT of people out there in Orlando land. I'm a resort guest paying a hefty premium to do so. EMH is mine, mine, mine!

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
Kind of off topic, but I'm always amazed how many CM's never scan my magicband at parking entrances. I hold out my wrist to scan and they wave me through I would say a good 75% of the time.
Your comment was 100% on topic. I guess my original point was that the CM's were not checking at all; bands or cards.

CaptainAmerica

Kind of off topic, but I'm always amazed how many CM's never scan my magicband at parking entrances. I hold out my wrist to scan and they wave me through I would say a good 75% of the time.
I think the parking kiosks have long-range scanners, so they're scanning your band without needing to tap it on their devices. It's the same technology that lets the ride photo machines link your pictures without needing to touch at the ride exits.

disneygeek90

I think the parking kiosks have long-range scanners, so they're scanning your band without needing to tap it on their devices. It's the same technology that lets the ride photo machines link your pictures without needing to touch at the ride exits.
Really? That's interesting, I've never heard of that before. In the past they had sometimes checked my ID as well, but that seemed to happen a bunch a few months ago and nothing really sense. Maybe they had more pressure from management to check, then slowly stopped caring.

BoarderPhreak

Used to be, they checked for a valid card and gave you a wrist band. Just having a MB means nothing (anyone can get one) unless it's scanned.

mattdenine

I disagree, when spending the extra money to stay on property EMH is and should be just a perk for resort guests in order to take advantage of "lower" crowds and a few extra hours of the park being open.

Yensid23

While I see the benefits of EMH, it kinda sucks for locals. It would be pretty cool if the FL resident passes also included the use of EMHs.

HwdStudio

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read today. Just today mind you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom