EMH + FP + Not staying on property the whole time.

38053WDW

Original Poster
So we are not staying on property our whole vacation at Disney. We had a friends timeshare come available. My question is this. We were able to book all our FP's 60 @ days for the whole vacation even though we are not staying property until the last two days. Do you know if this will also cover EMH for our first 3 days? I would think so since I was able to book all days with 60 days out but don't want to get to say AK at 7:30 for EMH at 8am and they say sorry.. Anyone run into this?

drizgirl

One has nothing to do with the other. For morning EMH you have to have an active onsite stay that day (including arrival and departure days to be let in early. For evening EMH, you can stay in the park, but they will scan your band at each attraction and you will only be let on if you are onsite that day.

tampabrad

EMH (morning and evening) will be available to you on the day you check in to a participating resort until the evening of the day you check out of the resort. If you are staying 3 nights off site you will not be able to use EMH until your check into day to your disney resort. If you do pre check in or online check in, you will be able to use morning EMH on your first booked night at your disney resort. You will also be able to use evening EMH on the day you check out, even though you have to check out by 11 AM.

FP+ is attached to your admission and EMH is attached to your resort stay.

nickys

Premium Member
You were able to book FPs for the whole of your trip at 60 days out from your onsite check-in day. Three of those days were before you check in.

The 60 day window opens up every day between "now" and your check-in day plus the length of your stay (up to 14 days). In theory if you had three U.K. 21 day tickets, you could have booked for each one of those days prior to check-in. Just as an onsite stay then opens up a rolling 60 day window for days after either check-out or the remaining days of a longer stay.

This has no effect on your onsite perks like EMH.

CaptainAmerica

No he didn't break the rules. See my post below.
Yes, he did. From Disney's perspective, the first few off-site days are not part of his "stay" at all. Those days should not be eligible for FP+ booking until 30 days out. It's a glitch in the system, but it's not how it's intended to work.

38053WDW

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses and clarifications... You know with Disney you have to plan in advance so we planned all days / dinners / shows and then they go and add EMH @ 8AM to every single day we are there for AK... Well FP's booked all week. Now to ponder parking .. So we're staying at the Contemporary the last two days but now want to take advantage of EMH at AK to try and get on FOP even though or FP's are for EPCOT for Thursday / MK Friday (early planning each day). So now do we drive all the way to Contemp that morning and park (now charging for parking or park at AK and then get charged again for the night at Contemp. (Our timeshare is Orange Lake which is right next store to AK).... Fun fun... - I know right... "what's $20 parking cost when you're at Disney" ... Now about this tropical depression building int he gulf!!! aggh!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom