EMH crowd levels late in the day

AugieMorosco

I'll be headed to Disney World in July for the first time and looking for some advice on EMH crowds. I've read enough to know to generally avoid EMH parks, but we are big Star Wars fans and trying to catch Galactic Spectacular. As it is, our most convenient option would be to park hop over to HS later in the day on our last night. This is an EMH day at HS. Do the crowds stay at high levels from open to close, or do they tend to die out later in the day? I'd think EMH people would be exhausted by that point.

We do have a full day dedicated to HS, but we are doing to Fantasmic dining package. Is the first Fantasmic typically early enough to get over and catch all of Galactic Spectacular? Any info is appreciated!

JohnD

I'll be headed to Disney World in July for the first time and looking for some advice on EMH crowds. I've read enough to know to generally avoid EMH parks, but we are big Star Wars fans and trying to catch Galactic Spectacular. As it is, our most convenient option would be to park hop over to HS later in the day on our last night. This is an EMH day at HS. Do the crowds stay at high levels from open to close, or do they tend to die out later in the day? I'd think EMH people would be exhausted by that point.

We do have a full day dedicated to HS, but we are doing to Fantasmic dining package. Is the first Fantasmic typically early enough to get over and catch all of Galactic Spectacular? Any info is appreciated!

Your thoughts are correct. See SW:AGS on a different night. By the time Fantasmic is over, the show will be starting as you're still walking back to Sunset Blvd. I wouldn't worry too much about EMH on the night you plan to see SW:AGS. If you hop over early enough, you should be able to stake out a good spot to see it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We do all evening EMH’s and crowds have been minimal for us at least at all parks. We never miss an evening one while there. And yes sometimes we leave a park closing earlier and head to the EMH park for the rest of the evening. ;)

Upvote 0

Nottamus

There's also a projection show in HS where Star Wars fireworks are, that is pretty cool, and should be seen at least once. Movie Magic, or something its called, although i heard its being updated.

The only EMH we avoid is the ones at MK. (especially if its a party night there..Halloween or Christmas)...those crowds are nuts.

We always do EMH at EP, and its fine. Great actually.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks for the info! I now realize that SW:AGS will be replaced by the time we go, but it certainly helps planning our days.

I thought that too at first. It's just that they don't schedule the show that far out on the WDW website. Disney Movie Magic, OTOH, will be replaced with a new Wonderful World of Animation on May 1.

See:
11. New Cinematic Nighttime Experience Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – As part of the theme park’s 30th anniversary, Wonderful World of Animation will debut May 1. The show will use state-of-the-art technology to take you on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom