EMH at the Studios - INSANITY!!!

lawyergirl77

Just got back from a crazy whirlwind, spur-of-the-moment 36 hour WDW trip (see the trip reports forum!) but I just had to talk about how INSANE the EMH nights are at MGM.

Seriously - think twice!!!!!! I have NEVER seen the park that crowded. There was a 45 minute wait to get a bracelet outside of the RnRC, and there were crazy waits to get on rides at about 9:45 (we decided to call it quits and boot it outta there while the going was good). Sample: at 6:45ish, we only waited about 30 minutes in the standby line for the ToT. When we left the 9:00 showing of Fantasmic, the wait had ballooned to 50 minutes. The RnRC was INSANE the entire day - didn't get to ride it. :(

While I still love the EMH nights and I certainly don't fault Disney's logistics for the lineups that took place, that was nuts! There seemed to be just too many people for MGM to handle (especially seeing as they all seemed concentrated on Hollywood Blvd). I think it's just the nature of the park's layout that led to the problems (especially once the early show of Fantasmic! got out).

wdwishes2005

i have always found the mgm emhs to be a godsend, i usually find the waits to be at most half of the day waits. sorry you didn't have a good experience.

Upvote 0

tripplanner

I had the EXACT same experience at MGM on July 24. When we got out of 9pm Fantasmic the place was CRAZY with people. We rushed right out of the park and went to hotel to use the pool instead.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Original Poster
bsandersjr said:
Honestly, what did you really expect? It is summer time.
I realize it's summer time. Believe me, the heat drove that point home to me quite eloquently.:rolleyes:

I was just surprised by the incredible SEA of people that were milling around, as well as the waits for rides right away. I had heard reports of people complaining about EMHs, but I really wasn't prepared for how many people there were!!

We never really intended to stay for the extra hours, but it was still pretty amazing to see!

In fact, I would probably go back to EMH at MGM, even with the insanity. I just wouldn't expect to ride ToT and RnRC that night! :wave:

And as for E-Ride nights: while I really enjoyed them, I am thrilled that the EMH benefit is being used in ALL OF THE PARKS. IIRC, the E-Rides were only available for the MK, so I'm not sure how helpful the comparison is. I wouldn't want to see them charging for this in every single park at night, simply because I'm not sure how much it would help with MGM's basic problem - people seem to flock to ToT and RnRC in a bigger wave of people than they do during the day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom