Embrassing Stories at Disney

marcie

fainting

as a cast member in tickets and greeting guests i was outside in the in the orlando heat almost everyday. it would get sooo hot that somedays i would pass out. usually this happened when i was surrounded by a million guests asking me questions. i would wake up on the ground with everyone stareing at me and the paramedics trying to make sure i was ok. this happened at least 5 or 6 times until they finally moved me inside at the ticket and transportation center. im sure that the guests will never forget it and neither will i. marcie

Ms Brer Rabbit

On one of my earlier Disney World trips, '97 I think, my family and I decided to have dinner at The Land's little food fair...thing. Anyhoo, I went up to get my food while my parents got our seats. I could have sworn I heard them say something about sitting by the big fountain in the center, so I went over to this couple sitting right next to the fountain. I set my food down, sit with them at the table, and strike up a conversation...only to glance up and realize that these two people were definately NOT my parents! Luckily, my parents waved my over from the OTHER side of the fountain, where they were sitting. Needless to say, I tried to avoid eye contact with the other couple throughout the entire meal.

Kwit35

Last month put a water bottle, full of soda, in my backpack and forgot about it. After we got off MS, I realized that the centrifuge had fun with the water bottle. I had soda all over my backpack, camera, wallet, cellphone...

imagineerfan

When my dad, sister and i were in WDW a couple of summers ago, we had an embarrasing/scary moment. After unloading the EPCOT momorail at the TTC, we headed towards the MK ramp. At that same moment, one of the parkinglot shuttles was unloading guests. My younger sister who was 7 at the time got lost in the crowds of people. My dad and i thought she go on one of the monorail compartments, so we frantically searched every one. After searching every one with no success, they made the announcement "please stand clear of the door, porfavor..." my dad panicked and and told them they couldn't leave. I was so embarraseed because my dad made a huge seen in the momnorail station. Luckily i found her at the bottom of the ramp looking for us. The cast memebrs were really nice and let us sit in the front seat on the next monorail. Apparently my sister thought the gates at the TTC were the gates for the MK :rolleyes:

Kwit35

Oh yeah, thought of another one!

Went to Epcot about 15 years ago with mom and uncle. It rained that morning so the steps on the tram where a little slick. Getting off, I slipped and bumped both my funny bones on the sides of the tram. While waiting in line for the tickets, I passed out cold (the only time in my entire life). You know, my mom and uncle somehow got me through the gates. When I came too, we were just inside the gates. I could hear them discussing what they should 'do' with me. After a long sit, we went in and enjoyed the day.
Thanks for the thread, had not thought about that in years. Repressed I guess.

Kwit35

Originally posted by bfilly
Last week when I was at downtown disney, my friend and i were headed to rainforest cafe to meet up with my parents. Along the way we saw a bunch of poles that acted as barriers so no cars could get through so my friend says, "I bet you can't jump over one of those poles." Without ever realizing how tall the pole was I ean at it fullspeed. Now when i got up to it i saw that this pole reached up to about my neck but it was too late to stop so i kept going. I tried to leap frog over it by putting my hands on the top and pushing off, but instead my hands slipped and my stomach landed on the pole in jsut a way so that i was stuck on the pole with my head and feet dangling just a couple of inches off the ground. My friend, being the kind person that he is, walked away slowly as if he didn't know me. So i had to somehow get off the pole by myself. It took me a good 30 seconds before i could finally roll off of the dang thing. Man I felt stupid, but after dinner I tried again for some stupid reason and finally made it over.
ouch!!!

Disney2002

Not so much my unfortunate moment, as a cast members... but seeing as I was directly involved, I get to tell it.

You know how there is a moving ramp going up to Transit Authority in Tomorrowland. Well, some not-to-bright cast member was not loading people on to the attraction. She was sort of out of it. Well, people kept getting on the ramp... problem was, there was no where to go at the top. It was totally full of people. So what happened to those of us on the moving ramp. We started falling over one another... getting piled with the additional guests behind us. And since no one getting on the ramp at the bottom knew why we weren't moving up top, there was tons of screaming and swearing as they were forced over yet another guest and onto the ground.

Not my story, but my Grandmother & Dad's. On our first trip to WDW in 1974, we took my Grandmother with us. She was so afraid of getting separated from us, that she was never more than 2 steps behind my Dad. We were in Tomorrowland, and Dad said he was going to the men's room. Well, my Gram didn't hear him say that, so she stayed right behind him. After he got into the Men's room he turned around and was quite surprised to see her standing there. Me said (rather loudly) "Mother! What are you doing?" When she saw where she was she kind of freaked out and ran back outside. We never did let her live that one down.:lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

One time I was working with Baloo and King Louie (I hope I spelled them right, I'm REALLY tired) in Town Square. Being a character greeter, one of my favorite parts of my job was to make up stories about what the characters were doing. Since King Louie can't sign autographs (arthritis of the hands );)

Anyway, I had a line of guests waiting to meet Baloo and Louie and I was making announcements about Louie not being able to sign autographs because "He pealed too many bananas last night and his fingers were sore". I must have said that at least 20 times and by accident, I said, "Louie can't sign autographs today because he pealed HIS banana last night" and I stopped. Of course all of the guests in line laughed, Baloo looked at me, and my co-CM who was sitting up on the porch of Expo Hall asked me if I said what I said. I was so upset, but my manager that day just laughed it off.

Great story to tell, though! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

sillyspook13

*gives CPR to the thread*

Tuesday I had quite an embarrassing moment at Lion King...... I was in the park as a guest and decided to sit in the front row of the elephant section as usual. Veryl was performing as Kiume for that particular show. He always tries to pick on me when I'm watching the show. So this particular show he decides to sit on my lap while they're bringing out the floats. Quite odd, as Veryl is a big man, and I'm very tiny.

So he sits on my lap.......

......and sits on my lap........

....and sits.......

By the time he gets up I'm laughing so hard I can't even breathe. My fellow cast members are laughing, guests are laughing, even Danny was laughing! (NO!!!!!) The woman sitting next to me asked if I would get over it. Maybe...... :brick:

lamarvenoy

My wife and I were in the middle of a fight and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, the next thing I knew we went past an empty guard booth and we were parallel to test track! I then realized we were in the parking lot you can see from test track...backstage. We drove past some Epcot cast member building and circled around and out,we felt like everyone was staring at us. It turned out that was Backstage Ave. or whatever. That was before 911, I'm sure that booth is always monitered now.

barnum42

sillyspook13 said:
*gives CPR to the thread*

Tuesday I had quite an embarrassing moment at Lion King...... I was in the park as a guest and decided to sit in the front row of the elephant section as usual. Veryl was performing as Kiume for that particular show. He always tries to pick on me when I'm watching the show. So this particular show he decides to sit on my lap while they're bringing out the floats. Quite odd, as Veryl is a big man, and I'm very tiny.

So he sits on my lap.......

......and sits on my lap........

....and sits.......

By the time he gets up I'm laughing so hard I can't even breathe. My fellow cast members are laughing, guests are laughing, even Danny was laughing! (NO!!!!!) The woman sitting next to me asked if I would get over it. Maybe...... :brick:
How much would I have loved to seen that? :lol:

rosebud's mom

My first trip to Disney was when I was 16. Since I'm an only child my parents took my best friend along so I didn't have to hang around with them the whole time. As young and flirtacious girls we were of course more concerned with how we looked than comfort. Since my friend was considerably taller than I am I was wearing a pair of platform wedge sandals. ( they were the height of fashion at that time !) We went into the Haunted Mansion and when we got to the part where you step on the moving platform to get your doom buggie, the sole of my shoe got caught in the side of the platform and I fell backward. The EXTREMELY cute guy who was working the platform gallantly caught me, and then got in the car with us to "make sure I got through the ride safely". ( I think he must have been at the end of his shift. ) My friend has always insisted that I fell on purpose just to force the poor guy to catch me ! While it was indeed embarassing, it is also one of my most memorable Disney moments !

sillyspook13

barnum42 said:
How much would I have loved to seen that? :lol:
It was interesting to say the least. Maybe Danny was jealous because it wasn't him sitting on my lap........ or is that wishful thinking? :zipit:

barnum42

sillyspook13 said:
It was interesting to say the least. Maybe Danny was jealous because it wasn't him sitting on my lap........ or is that wishful thinking? :zipit:
Just make sure you are not wearing anything flammable ;)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One of the trips we made when I was in my teens resulted in a very embarassing experience.

At the time, WDW was selling a variety of frozen fruit juice bars. It was early on afternoon at the MK and I wanted one. The CM told me to be carefull because they had just brought them out and they had been packed in dry ice, so they were very cold. Not heeding the warning, I unwrapped that juice bar and popped it right in to my mouth. Well, the inside of my mouth, just inside my lips froze to the juice bar. When I reallized what was going on, I tried to push it out of my mouth with my tounge and my tounge froze to the end of it.

Needless to say I started to panic and was trying to tell my parents what was going on and they just started laughing at me and walking in the opposite direction. I finally found a water fountain and was able to thaw the juice bar so I could get it out of my mouth. The rest of my trip I had blisters on the inside of my mouth and tounge. It was a very traumatic experience...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom