Ellen's hand in UoE (Aug. 13th)

PeoplemoverTTA

Has Ellen seen her attraction yet?

I don't think so, no. Last year on her talk show Jason Alexander (of "Seinfeld" fame) told her he saw her "performance" at Epcot and that it was his favorite performance of hers. She replied, "Oh, really, I haven't seen it."

I always thought it was interesting Ellen voiced Dory in Nemo because of the relationship she had with TWDC after the whole "coming out" thing with her show in the 90s. Two years in a row now she has spent a weekend filming episodes of her talk show at Universal Orlando, so I'm gonna guess there's still some bad blood there, but who knows?

DME

Perhaps Disney was thinking they'd replace Mickey's Hand over SSE with Ellens' but they changed their mind. :ROFLOL:

Slowjack

That animatronic is one of the worst at WDW. Then again, it's also one of the few outside of the Hall of Presidents that's supposed to resemble a recognizable person.
The Ellen AA is a work of art compared to Sigourney Weaver in the GMR. Not only does her head move with a distinctly mechanical gait, but they represented a woman famous for being tall and muscular with an AA that is short and stocky.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The Ellen AA is a work of art compared to Sigourney Weaver in the GMR. Not only does her head move with a distinctly mechanical gait, but they represented a woman famous for being tall and muscular with an AA that is short and stocky.

I thought Sigourney Weaver looked a little Rosiesque in that scene. She is taller than that isnt she.

jt04

Won't have to worry about it after refurb:zipit: IMHO

CSUFSteve

Won't have to worry about it after refurb:zipit: IMHO

After the refurb of GMR?

Yeah, I have always thought the Ellen figures was bad, but it was not so much her movement as the skin. Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems to me that the Ellen skin has improved since UoE first opened with her. Then again, maybe it's exactly the same and I'm just getting used to it.

For the (original?) Ellen figure, they used a new type of skin material that was supposed to withstand hot hydraulic fluid better than the traditional skin. Supposedly it did, but IMO anyway, it looks horrible. To me, yeah, it looks like the same type of skin on the CoP host and Sigourney Weaver. I agree, the CoP host's neck is freaky. It looks way too slick-rubbery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom