ellen energy adventure

Poco909

Original Poster
does anyone know a place they would have ellen's energy adventure ride video and it wont cost any money, i want to watch the video, lol thank you

Tim G

Guests are not allowed to video tape during the whole ride...

It is announced before every ride.

Thus it would be illegal.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As Corrus mentioned, taping on Energy is not permitted, therefore there are no videos of that attraction available online.

joshwill

As Corrus mentioned, taping on Energy is not permitted, therefore there are no videos of that attraction available online.

not trying to start an argument over the legalities of taping, but im curious if anyone knows what criteria Disney uses to determine which attractions can or cannot be photographed or taped.

sure there is the obvious of annoying other guests with flashes and video light, which ive experianced mysel in philharmagic and ones mans dream. are there any less obvious reasons?

darthjohnny

not trying to start an argument over the legalities of taping, but im curious if anyone knows what criteria Disney uses to determine which attractions can or cannot be photographed or taped.

sure there is the obvious of annoying other guests with flashes and video light, which ive experianced mysel in philharmagic and ones mans dream. are there any less obvious reasons?

Well, certain attractions will have the illusion spoiled if flashes were used, like Haunted Mansion, or the "Under the Sea" sequence in Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

If it is something secret and/or unreleased, i.e. Backstage, or previews in the Animation Station, recording is not allowed.

I would assume any film that is under the Disney copyright, like any 3-D film, has film recording banned. Banning annoying flashes is an additional reason since it probably ruins the atmosphere and it might break the 3-D illusion.

I'm sure there are a ton of other reasons why video recording/photography is not allowed. :)

I remember filming this one when I was there but it came out all bad. The biggest reason for some of the rides not allowing it is the Rf sensors and such if I remember my video taping 101 stuff correctly but again someone correct me if Im wrong on this on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d imagine the biggest issue with Ellen is copyright, if not Ellen herself (ABC) then perhaps Jepordy.

I have seen taped versions of the attraction; it`s a shame to deny taping as the norm in the Diorama especially. I`ve also seen a complete 101 recorded with Travelling Theatre manual reset - recorded with full knowledge and participation of senior staff (though they were trying to reset the entire attraction manually - a notoriously difficult task)

IR is used in many attractions now for security; unless the theatre cars have an added IR system for guidance since the wire went to pucks? In manual mode the vehicles could and did drive into the set when originally installed, maybe there is now an IR failsafe?

Tim G

COPYRIGHT!

That's should say enough! Maybe to alot of people it isn't...

I always wonder... there's this thief in front of the judge... and says... Could you give me the criteria...bla, bla, bla... what I'm allowed to steal and what not...

Timekeeper

Copywrong

Disney owns copyright to all the stuff you ARE allowed to photograph and record, so that "umbrella excuse" doesn't really fit. (Not to mention that the mere taking of a photo in itself does not infringe on copyright - see fair use.) It's basically implimented for one of three reasons:

1) Show quality - the use of devices may interrupt the asthetics of the show, interfere with monitoring devices, emit light in dark scenes, or otherwise pose as a distraction, etc.

2) Safety - if it's a rollercoaster or ride where it would be notorious for guests to "lose" their cameras and not be able to recover them, or injure themselves while holding a hard object up against their face, or has water effects that could damage electronics, it's easier to just prohibit it in the first place than deal with the plethora of complaints that would otherwise follow.

3) Third party participants - when Disney joins forces with another company or performer, there may in fact be a contractual agreement that as part of their participation Disney will impliment a no-recording policy on the attraction. Regardless as to what "realistic" purpose this servces, whatever agreements they come to is their business. It becomes boilerplate. Suppose Ellen wanted everyone that enters the attraction to wear an orange hat, and Disney agreed. Then guess what, Disney would distribute those hats.

Although this may not be so much of a "key" reason, Disney wants guests to experience their attractions in person. And home video (even professional video) will never do their attractions justice. This is becoming increasingly important with the evolution of our culture and the modern ease of sharing videos online.

In sum, if copyright was some sort of umbrella protection policy for Disney, then you may as well leave your cameras in the car, because there would be no photographing the castle, no character meet and greets, etc.

:brick:

Tk

AEfx

If you download a park video, think of all the Imagineers and mice that will go hungry!

Walt would be so upset with you for STEALING the magic!

You are STEALING when you listen to park audio or watch video. Do you understand me! It's not harmless. Every time you hit PLAY on your computer, or from a CD on your car, and you listen to park audio or watch park video taken by fellow fans it's WRONG.

Every single time you listen, a fairy looses it's wings. Do you hear me?? One of these days it's gonna be Tink, and that really isn't worth you getting to listen to a bit of the magic between trips. You are killing harmless fairies!

It's just WRONG. It's PIRATING. It's evil. The only person that would approve is Jack Sparrow, and we wouldn't want to be like him, you know.

Be good. Be true! Be an American! Deny yourself the pleasure, or mice and faries and all the magic will DIE!

Right?

AEfx

At the Nemo & Friends preview on Sunday, I got told at least 25 times to not use flash photography. There are a lot of nice illusions used on the ride, it would have ruined the experience anyway. But good lord, I got the 'no flash photography' beatened into of me.

darthjohnny

I just came back from WDW today, and when I went on Ellen's Energy Adventure, it specifically said "no external video lighting or flash photography" so therefore, you could techinically video tape the ride, if you only used the natural light from the ride. :)

dolbyman

I just came back from WDW today, and when I went on Ellen's Energy Adventure, it specifically said "no external video lighting or flash photography" so therefore, you could techinically video tape the ride, if you only used the natural light from the ride.

in the preshow vid ellen said no videotaping ... I'd loved to tape that ride .. so I only made surround audio :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom