Elephants?

Sneezy62

Original Poster
I wonder are elephants visible from Pangani Trail? My wife is pretty keen to take our elephant loving 5 year old to AK so she can see elephants... it’s her thing. Where else beside Kilimanjaro Safari can elephants be seen? Asian elephants? Can they be seen from the wildlife express train?

Cmdr_Crimson

You won't be able to see them on Pangani trail unfortunatley. The Elephants are on the northern top end of the safari and you might be lucky if you see them in their Paddock area via Wildlife Express train..

disneyca

We did the “Caring for the Giants” Tour, last December. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour. The guides were amazing, and we got close to the elephants. Adults are only $30.00, I am not sure about the price for little ones.
Look at the WDW site, under things to do, then tours.

The Empress Lilly

I wonder are elephants visible from Pangani Trail? My wife is pretty keen to take our elephant loving 5 year old to AK so she can see elephants... it’s her thing. Where else beside Kilimanjaro Safari can elephants be seen? Asian elephants? Can they be seen from the wildlife express train?
All as in previous posts above.

DAK has African elephants. If you want to see Asian ones (too), Busch Gardens in Tampa has got those. Pretty neat enclosure, you get quite close.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget the Jungle Cruise! Bathing elephants. But you can bring your kid, no problem, they've got their trunks on!

Rogue21

As disneyca mentioned, the Caring for Giants tour is the best way to see the African elephants. You get pretty close and the guides are great with answering questions. Learned a lot about conservation and several programs that help the herds in Africa. Very interesting. Bonus: it's relatively inexpensive for Disney, $30 last October. I'd recommend it for any animal lover.

Sneezy62

Original Poster
All as in previous posts above.

DAK has African elephants. If you want to see Asian ones (too), Busch Gardens in Tampa has got those. Pretty neat enclosure, you get quite close.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget the Jungle Cruise! Bathing elephants. But you can bring your kid, no problem, they've got their trunks on!
Exactly! We have 5 days of Canadian discount tickets and no time for other places. I’ve managed to hold my lady back on the big D in favour of places like Silver Springs and Gator World for several years. It’s time. I’m just thinking that a day at AK for 45 seconds of elephant viewing on the Safari truck< a day at MK making the kids sit quietly through HOP For the third time like I had to when I was a kid. ( yes I’m in my later fifties and have a five year old...sue me)😎

And yes I went to Busch Gardens before there was a big D. 😀. Elephants will give me leverage to get us there instead of Disney next time we go down.

Rlandrigan

The caring for giants tour is definitely worth the $30 - While I'm not a fan of add-on charges to an expensive trip, that one and the behind the seeds tour are reasonably priced but keep the numbers manageable - my son and wife loved their tour.

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately the Safari trucks dont linger for long in any of the areas. They have a schedule to run through the areas so there isnt a back up of other Safari trucks. Get your daughter to sit on the left side of the vehicle. The vehicles do pass through a somewhat open stretch of area for a brief viewing but the elephants arent very close to the roadway. Your daughter will get a brief look at them and may get to see a young elephant with the adults.

The Empress Lilly

Exactly! We have 5 days of Canadian discount tickets and no time for other places. I’ve managed to hold my lady back on the big D in favour of places like Silver Springs and Gator World for several years. It’s time. I’m just thinking that a day at AK for 45 seconds of elephant viewing on the Safari truck< a day at MK making the kids sit quietly through HOP For the third time like I had to when I was a kid. ( yes I’m in my later fifties and have a five year old...sue me)😎

And yes I went to Busch Gardens before there was a big D. 😀. Elephants will give me leverage to get us there instead of Disney next time we go down.
https://buschgardens.com/tampa/tours/elephant-insider/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom