Electro-synthatwhat!? sounds?

TestTrack

Original Poster
I am just curious if any other musical people can come up with a definition for what Disney calls "Electrosynthamagnetic musical sounds." Whatever they are, they are freaking awesome ;)

Kitsune

basically electronic music...which ihappen to love by the way.First post here for me and let me say,I am happy to be here!hello to all! I love WDW!

Next visit - january 22nd.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
one of the audio effect the synthesizer is run through is a flanger, which *CAN* have a wee-bit of a magnetic force to it. That could be it

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by TestTrack
good answer....I am still confused whats up with the magnetic part lol

it's magnetic because it 'sticks' in your head. wait, that only works if you have a metal plate in your head.

cm1988

Olde tech

Electro-whatever is an old technology, but radically new in '71 (in the previous century) when WDW opened.

A cousin to the wide electronic tapes that once audioanimated the various bears and birds in the park, electro-syncro-whatever sound was developed specifically for the Main St. Electrical parade, as Giz observed. That technology was what caused the music booming from the floats to syncronize and harmonize with the music in the various concealed speakers along the parade route. I would think that magnetic tape is no longer an essential component; its probably all optical or EPROM (chips) now.

MicBat

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
it's magnetic because it 'sticks' in your head. wait, that only works if you have a metal plate in your head.
Dont you have one of those?? :lookaroun ;)

PaisleyMF

I remeber in the old Disney Channel's Disney Inside Out they showed a big room that was the Audio Cue for the parades and had this huge multichannel tape player that had several heads that was for the route of the parade and each time a head recived the tape an area of the Park recived that audio segment. I do also remember that if they needed the could override the music from the parade to a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) system and play the music live from a remote center in the parade.

maelstrom

synth music! Baroque Hoedown!

pick up a copy of the Essential Perrey & Kingsley (Jean Jacques Perrey & Gershon Kingsley). it's got Baroque Hoedown and some other such music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom