eisner sells disney!

epcot71

Original Poster
scary thought!
reading article in websight journal dated july 25,2001.
"vulchers circle disney" was the name of article-saying microsoft and GE are likely buyers for disney. i cant believe eisner would ever sell disney to anyone!-the day disney is sold and becomes
microsoft-disney or general electric-disney is the day i fly to burbank and personally slap eisner around and make him scream like a woman!:mad:

Al

if bill gates was runnig it then we can safely say that there would be lots more rides, because of his large fortune, but standards would drop, and that "Disney magic" would be lost

Boo hoo

Forgive me if i'm wrong but how can Eisner sell something he does'nt own? Disney is a stock holders company. He can sell his shares, which i'm sure are alot. But I don't think he can sell the company. Again maybe i'm wrong.

epcot71

Original Poster
i didnt mean he would actually sell the company-as ceo/chairman of the board he could use his power to convince the board to allow the sell of stock in a hostile takeover-all the other company needs is 51% of the stock to have controlling interest

but maybe it was premature-there was only the one article on this-if there was 50 id start thinking - i think it was one anylst's speculation-the board of directors would never allow this to happenbecause even if --- it did still have the name another compnay would not understand keeping up the quality and standards of disney
false alarm

Keysmickey

IF Eisner was for a sale and used his influence to transfer a majority of stock interest with the Board's support this would be no hostile takeover...Just a buyout...Eisner has thwarted two hostile takeover bids during his tenure.

Anyway, most likely you will see an alliance with MS to buy AT&T (my opinion) and further alliances to strengthen distribution, etc. like the recent Newscorp/Disney alliance.

I don't believe Disney will be sold and will remain independent for at least Eisner's tenure. His ego and sense of legacy is one of the best shots we Disney fans have at seeing a Disney resurrgence (even facing troubled times). Eisner doesn't want to be known as the man who sold Disney...
:D :D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom