Effects of Soarin/Land on TT or M:S yet?

launchpad03

Original Poster
Anyone have any knowledge ( a little more than pure specultaion) about what the latest corwd flow situation is like? or FP for Test Track or M:S?

Just curious if anyone could tell ... even though, yeah, it's only been a day...

KevinPage

Test Track was around 1 hour waits and Mission Space about 20-30 minutes during the AP Preview weekend.

Will this always be the case, I'm not sure. But since more people are able to ride Test Track, it always seems to have a longer line than Mission Space, or at least it alway is that way when I'm in Epcot.

Soarin' will draw a very big crowd so I would tend to think at least initially you'll see a reduction. But Disney's goal is to get more people into the park itself.

Jerm

I would think it will help even everything out a bit in the morning but in the afternoon it should all still be the same.

J

ISTCrew20

I have seen no change yet, because it is just now in the soft opening phase.

But the same thing was said before Mission Space opened. How it would have ahuge impact on TT waits. That never held true.

launchpad03

Original Poster
good points,
I also imagine that whatever new attractions will be announced for the 25th will also play into crowdmovement.

and just a quick thought.. maybe, since we've gottten a Space Mickey walk around... maybe there will be an Flight Captain Mickey(or insert other character) into the other side... LOL...

not that I'm for character greetings as such, I just thought that would be funny....

one more quick question... what is the popularity of M:S currently?
I know (ok, maybe I just heard it from somewhere..rumor) that it underperformed a little.... just wonderring what kinda of dra it's getting with all the news about it and warnings and such...

Thanks!

OmegaKnight

launchpad03 said:
good points,
I also imagine that whatever new attractions will be announced for the 25th will also play into crowdmovement.

and just a quick thought.. maybe, since we've gottten a Space Mickey walk around... maybe there will be an Flight Captain Mickey(or insert other character) into the other side... LOL...

not that I'm for character greetings as such, I just thought that would be funny....

one more quick question... what is the popularity of M:S currently?
I know (ok, maybe I just heard it from somewhere..rumor) that it underperformed a little.... just wonderring what kinda of dra it's getting with all the news about it and warnings and such...

Thanks!
Test Track still gets more guests per day than Mission does. I think the warnings they throw at you scare people away from going up into space. However, M: S still does draw big crowds all day.

esauerh

Last night at about 6:30, Soarin' wait time was 65 minutes. M:S was 20-30, can't remember what TT was, but I think it was less than 65 minutes.

cindy_k

esauerh said:
Last night at about 6:30, Soarin' wait time was 65 minutes. M:S was 20-30, can't remember what TT was, but I think it was less than 65 minutes.

Isn't the number of guests per minute much higher at M:S than TT and Soarin'?

If so than those wait times would probably have about the same number of guests on line.

figmentfan

I am hoping that Soarin will help revive the West part of Epcot, maybe Journey w/ Figment will have a 5 minute wait instead of "0" minutes like it always have.

One thing I not happy about, is that The Land Pavilion will draw bigger crowds, which means probably longer lines for Living With the Land.

GymLeaderPhil

Soarin' was at 65 minutes in the Standby Line today at 11:30am. The Single Rider line is not open. Very few people in the Fastpass line.

GymLeaderPhil

Flbeachbum said:
Are they still running soaring? I was under the impression that the AP previews it was going to be very very limited openings til May.

The entire Land pavilion is open as well as Soarin'. The official opening date is May 5th, but this is a soft-opening. Sunshine Seasons is still closed, but from what I saw today, they aren't far from opening.

cindy_k

GymLeaderPhil said:
The entire Land pavilion is open as well as Soarin'. The official opening date is May 5th, but this is a soft-opening. Sunshine Seasons is still closed, but from what I saw today, they aren't far from opening.

I'm crossing my fingers that the Food Court will be open next week. :D Since that's when I will be there. Especially since I can't eat at the Garden Grill. I haven't had a trip where I missed eating in the Land in 5 years.

CTXRover

cindy_k said:
Isn't the number of guests per minute much higher at M:S than TT and Soarin'?

I'm pretty sure MS has a much higher capacity than either TT or Soarin'. They seem to be able to really keep the line moving over there. Unlike TT or Soarin', it at least seems like there's never long moments of just standing in one place. I don't know the specifics though. I'm surprised by those wait times though for Epcot. Was it busy yesterday?

Sergeant Tibbs

Since M:S and now the addition of Soarin', Epcot's park attendance has gone up right? Didn't it used to have to worst park attendance out of the four parks or am I mistaken?

CTXRover

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Since M:S and now the addition of Soarin', Epcot's park attendance has gone up right? Didn't it used to have to worst park attendance out of the four parks or am I mistaken?

This might be more than you wanted to know, but last year (and every year since it was built) Epcot was the second most attended park in Orlando behind only the MK. Domestically, it was the third most attended park behind DL in CA and MK. Worldwide, I believe it was the sixth most visited park behind DL in CA, MK in FL, Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea in Tokyo and Disneyland Paris.

But yes, Epcot attendance had started to slip after the millenium celebration. Since MS was added, its seen an increase in attendance though that has helped put it back on track. Soarin' will probably help keep it there.

Pioneer Hall

Until the attraction offficially opens, I don't think it will really impact the waits on the other side of future world. I'm sure that the addition of another major E-ticket will help to ease the crowds that the other two attractions see, which will be nice. It will be interesting to see people go both ways when they enter the park in the morning now, as opposed to just going over to M:S and TT.

Sergeant Tibbs

CTXRover said:
This might be more than you wanted to know, but last year (and every year since it was built) Epcot was the second most attended park in Orlando behind only the MK. Domestically, it was the third most attended park behind DL in CA and MK. Worldwide, I believe it was the sixth most visited park behind DL in CA, MK in FL, Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea in Tokyo and Disneyland Paris.

But yes, Epcot attendance had started to slip after the millenium celebration. Since MS was added, its seen an increase in attendance though that has helped put it back on track. Soarin' will probably help keep it there.
Awesome! Thanks:D For some reason I always thought epcot was the least visited park. I guess its Animal Kingdom then?I dont even know why im asking.Just curious i guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom