Eeny Meeny Miney Moderate!

Weather_Lady

We've stayed at Coronado Springs (before the most recent refurb) and PORS (just after the recent refurb), and toured POFQ as well. All three were beautiful. We happened to prefer the theming at the Port Orleans resorts to Coronado Springs, but that's a matter of personal preference rather than a reflection on the quality of the resorts. The Port Orleans resorts also have the ferry to DTD (Disney Springs), which is nice. We've never stayed at CBR and wouldn't consider doing so unless they replaced the double beds with queen-sized ones. (DH is tall and looks quite ridiculous in a double bed, with his feet sticking off the end!) ;)

We certainly never felt like we were "missing" anything by staying at a moderate. As far as I can tell, the biggest difference between the mods and deluxes is that the deluxe rooms tend to be bigger, give you an extra free toiletry item or two, and in some (but not all) cases have additional types of transportation to the parks. By contrast, the differences between the values and the moderates where we've stayed (queen bed, in-room coffeemaker, bigger room size, less "loud" theme, better food courts, TS restaurants, shaded bus stops) ARE ones that make a difference to us, and for which we're wiling to pay a little extra.

Last edited:

Buzz2001

I’d recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price including business class club level rooms with lounge access.

The resort has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

janelove956

Original Poster
Ok guys after MUCH MUCH consideration I have decided to go with..... drum roll please.....

Coronado Springs!!
Your comments really helped me out so much, thank you!! It was a close call between PORS and CSR but I was outnumbered in the voting lol.
Now.... cabana or casita?

luv

Ok guys after MUCH MUCH consideration I have decided to go with..... drum roll please.....

Coronado Springs!!
Your comments really helped me out so much, thank you!! It was a close call between PORS and CSR but I was outnumbered in the voting lol.
Now.... cabana or casita?
CSR is a great choice! (But I'd have said that about whatever you picked!) It has some lovely landscaping, is a relaxing place, nice pools and one of the better gift shops. :)

The rooms are all the same now, so it doesn't really matter. I like all the areas and would just take whatever they gave me. I always feel like fate will pick a better room for me than I would. :) I probably like Casitas a smidge better, though.

If you can swing paying for a water view, I'd do that. It's a very pretty water view.

janelove956

Original Poster
Thank you so much! Well I'll be staying in the cabanas on the rooms closest to the front lobby, hopefully. I can't wait. These will be the longest 225 days of my life!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom