EE Construction and River Country Pictures

Tigger1988

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Hey not to sound stupid or to take away from the joy of people from NJ but what in the world is River Country?

wow!...ok...River Country was the first DisneyWorld waterpark. It was closed down a few years back, and recently Disney announced it's closed for good.

The theme of River Country was an old country swimmin' hole.

for more info...http://allearsnet.com/btp/faq_rc.htm

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sergeant Tibbs said:
Hey not to sound stupid or to take away from the joy of people from NJ but what in the world is River Country?

River Country was Disney's first water park. (or good old fashioned water'n hole). It was closed in 2001 or 2 for a multitude of reasons. Probably the main reasons were: competition from blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon, poor location and capacity (it was a bit of hike from the parking lot), finally it used water from bay lake which contains bacteria that could make guests sick. When it was up and running it really was a neat place, no where as sophisticated as BB and TL but it was fun. Unfortunately Disney has decided to just abandon it and let it rot rather than tearing it down or doing something with the area. It reeks of bad show.

Tigger1988

monothingie said:
finally it used water from bay lake which contains bacteria that could make guests sick.

the water was horrid...near the close of the park I knew people who after swimming there broke out in rashes on their face. I think the biggest reason for closing was the bacteria, and the other reasons you stated

Sergeant Tibbs

Tigger1988 said:
wow!...ok...River Country was the first DisneyWorld waterpark. It was closed down a few years back, and recently Disney announced it's closed for good.

The theme of River Country was an old country swimmin' hole.

for more info...http://allearsnet.com/btp/faq_rc.htm
LoL, I told you I would sound stupid. But I remember what your talking about now. I never went to it though.Thanks a bunch for answering my question but I have another.:) Was it cool?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom