EE Arrival times

David

Original Poster
We always take advantage of the EE, normally arriving just as or right after the gates are opening. I have read in the past of some advantages of going even earlier. For those of you who use EE, I was just wondering how soon you arrive and what activites take place.

WDWScottieBoy

When I first read this I thought they were talking about Expedition Everest, until I kept reading and it didn't make sense so I had to think what else uses EE (Early Entry).

I usually arrive about 30 minutes before that just so that I can be at the front, and the only thing that really happens is the welcome ceremony. Plus, you get to witness the "running of the tourists" to their designated first ride!

David

Original Poster
Sorry about the confusion, guys. Yes, I was referring to Early Entry or what is actually called Extra Magic hour now, I believe. I forgot about the name change and the construction of Expedition Everest going by the same initals.

mea culpa

togasports

I have found that if you stay away from the parks that have the extra magic hour in the morning you can get on the rides quicker. I usually go to another park then come back to the park that has the extra magic hour later.

no2apprentice

David said:
I have read in the past of some advantages of going even earlier.
I believe that since 2001, there's no real advantage to getting to the gates any earlier than necessary to allow time to go through the bag checks, get near the front, before the park opens. The past three times we've been to WDW, everything opened right on the hour. No "sneaking" in before the official time. Maybe someone else can confirm if it still happens.

tobix

If you are one of the first people at AK they have a display with animals and CM's dressed in costume which is fun. As soon as the gates open though, the throngs rush past them and miss some of the magic. It is fun to stop and talk to the CMs who have brought the animals. My kids were enthralled by a tarantula!

It used to be said the parks opened a little earlier than advertised times, but in our experience this has never happened.

It is fun running up main street trying to get first ride on Dumbo (the only time in the day when the line is zero and Minnie is often waiting to ride with you!

WDWScottieBoy

Of all the times I've been there at a park for the Extra Magic Hour, I've never been able to get in even a couple of minutes early. Same as opening of the park that isn't having the extra magic hour. I think they are trying to keep at the opening time right on the hour and not early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom