Eddie Sotto on Reservations

TP2000

I've been saying this sort of thing for years now. These are boneheaded decisions being made by theme park executives who don't actually use their own product. (Or when they do use their theme park product, they get their car valet parked for free and get their comp tickets loaded up with endless Lightning Lane reservations and a reserved folding chair waiting for them at the parade and Fantasmic!)

The current execs don't get how their own customers use their own products, so they create confusing systems and processes that look good in conference room PowerPoint shows but actually degrade the customer experience.

It would be like highly paid Ford executives making decisions about the new Mustang, if those Ford executives didn't actually own a car. :banghead:

willtravel

I liked the article until I read this

I’d rather see a lower capacity limit per day on how many guests come in, making rides and dining first-come, first-served for everyone, but charge more per admission for an awesome, unforgettable experience that is actually worth whatever they charge.

mightynine

I liked the article until I read this

I’d rather see a lower capacity limit per day on how many guests come in, making rides and dining first-come, first-served for everyone, but charge more per admission for an awesome, unforgettable experience that is actually worth whatever they charge.
It probably wouldn't happen at a theme park activation with Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, part of the Walt Disney Company, Inc., but if someone were looking to build a new theme park to compete, it would likely be where they would start.

Heck, you could argue Disney does this now with a Cruise Line activation.

Goofyernmost

I feel like it's been like this for years...
To some degree it has, but they just piled a huge load to what was already there.

I also don't think it is sustainable, there is way to much disappointment forced into the situation. Go back to the original single line. The line that sometimes seemed long but the fact that it kept moving kept people happy and nowhere near as frustrated as they have been over the time since the original FP was introduced. If the line was to long then you just moved on without being directed to the next one and return when the line was shorter. The crowds existed 40 years ago but there was almost never a line longer then an hour except perhaps a new one but, when you stepped into a line, unless something broke down you were going to see the attraction you wanted too. I'm not sure why people don't understand that. Having the ability to easily Park Hop also allowed people to self regulate and move to another park if the crowd was extreme.

Club Cooloholic

To some degree it has, but they just piled a huge load to what was already there.

I also don't think it is sustainable, there is way to much disappointment forced into the situation. Go back to the original single line. The line that sometimes seemed long but the fact that it kept moving kept people happy and nowhere near as frustrated as they have been over the time since the original FP was introduced. If the line was to long then you just moved on without being directed to the next one and return when the line was shorter. The crowds existed 40 years ago but there was almost never a line longer then an hour except perhaps a new one but, when you stepped into a line, unless something broke down you were going to see the attraction you wanted too. I'm not sure why people don't understand that. Having the ability to easily Park Hop also allowed people to self regulate and move to another park if the crowd was extreme.
In terms of actual park experiences, I enjoyed my trip in 2020 November during the pandemic. Everything was standby. No FP no Genie the only thing was virtual line for Rise and I don't mind that much. We didn't do everything but that was ok... neither did anyone else.

TP2000

Isn’t this Tokyo Disney Resort’s new model?

Thank you for noticing!

What's funny about that, is that a day ticket to Tokyo Disneyland costs a bit less than a day ticket to Disneyland USA or WDW's Magic Kingdom ParkTM.

Even the dining and snack bar costs in Tokyo are lower than comparable offerings in the American parks. I thank God that Tokyo Disneyland remains there, and continues with its very high 20th century standards that the American parks have let slip into WalMart territory over the past 10 years.

Smugpugmug

Thank you for noticing!

What's funny about that, is that a day ticket to Tokyo Disneyland costs a bit less than a day ticket to Disneyland USA or WDW's Magic Kingdom ParkTM.

Even the dining and snack bar costs in Tokyo are lower than comparable offerings in the American parks. I thank God that Tokyo Disneyland remains there, and continues with its very high 20th century standards that the American parks have let slip into WalMart territory over the past 10 years.
The most surprising part of my trip there were the prices. They were really reasonable for a theme park. I remember paying less than the equivalent of $15 USD for a chicken sandwich and Kirin beer. Even the merchandise wasn't too overpriced. Seeing Indiana Jones and Splash with all of the animatronics and effects working was jarring too - my brain is used to them being broken.

I hope to visit the parks again someday, maybe after the new expansion opens.

TP2000

The most surprising part of my trip there were the prices. They were really reasonable for a theme park. I remember paying less than the equivalent of $15 USD for a chicken sandwich and Kirin beer. Even the merchandise wasn't too overpriced. Seeing Indiana Jones and Splash with all of the animatronics and effects working was jarring too - my brain is used to them being broken.

I hope to visit the parks again someday, maybe after the new expansion opens.

A vacation in Japan is often much cheaper than many people think. Especially when you consider staying in a 2 Star hotel there gets you the service of a 4 Star hotel in the USA. Tokyo Disneyland is just an extension of that usual Japanese thriftiness.

It's really just the airfare that makes a Japanese vacation a bit spendy. But so long as you don't fly one of the awful American airlines like United or American Airlines, and instead fly a far superior foreign airline like JAL or Singapore, even if you only pay for a Coach seat the service will be superior to anything you got from the charmless cattle cars of United or American Airlines.

And if you spring for a Business Class seat on Sinagpore Airlines??? You will think you died and are being sent off to heaven, with a glass of champagne from your maker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom