Eating and Parking at the contemporary

We are staying at the Carribean Beach in a few weeks and plan to eat one meal at the contemporary resort. We will drive to all the parks. Can we park at the contemporary and eat and then go to the MK from the contemporary and then pick our car back up later at the contemporary?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
In theory, no. They normally allow three hours' parking for dining. In practice, yes, they have no way to actually enforce the time limit.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I have seen cars towed from the guest lots at the Contemporary & Polynesian. If you valet park you may be able to get away with it since you have paid for a spot in the lot.

Upvote 0

gardenia

In theory, no. They normally allow three hours' parking for dining. In practice, yes, they have no way to actually enforce the time limit.

It's not a theory, it's a fact, the answer is no. The lot has a sign that clearly states "We can not provide Theme Park parking". When we were staying at the CR, we watched as they towed several cars out - don't think it doesn't happen just because it never happened to you! They're actually very strict, due to the abuse by a certain segment of guests.

Upvote 0

fillerup

I don't doubt for a second that previous posters have seen cars towed from resort lots, but the chances they were towed for going to a park are slim. More likely, the towing was for mechanical problems or parking in a fire lane, service area or other clear violations.

Florida law is very specific and highly restrictive when it comes to towing vehicles from private property and at present WDW resorts don't meet the requirements.

Disney has every right to deny parking to anyone, but once they've allowed someone in, they can't just start towing cars at random.

I wanted to clarify this so that people with legitimate business at a resort - dining, shopping, etc - aren't filled with angst about getting towed.

Upvote 0

Communicore

My friend's car got towed once at Poly as the guard asked him what their gonna be doing, and he said they are picking someone up so they come in, park, and the family boards the monorail to MK. At the end of the day the car is towed :lol: (now repo'ed but that's another story) and sorry but you should not lie to the guard and mooch and leech.

Upvote 0

coachz

We are staying at the Carribean Beach in a few weeks and plan to eat one meal at the contemporary resort. We will drive to all the parks. Can we park at the contemporary and eat and then go to the MK from the contemporary and then pick our car back up later at the contemporary?

Legal way we've done (we're locals with premiuim annual passes) park in MK lot, take resort monorail to eat at Contemporary, then walk/monorail to MK, return to MK parking lot. I believe MK parking free if you're staying on-property.

Upvote 0
Coachz has made a great suggestion, as yes, if you have a car when you are staying on property, you get a parking pass so you can park in all park parking lots for free. so go to MK lot, park, ride the resort monorail and there you are for the day (or take the bus like someone else suggested).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom