Easter Itinerary Opinions Wanted! Need advice

ParrotheadMinni

I need some help and opinions from all you compulsive overplanners and DW experts!:hammer:

Yes I know it's a really busy time, but that's the only week we could do. (DH, me, DD16, DD13) Arriving early afternoon Sat 4/7(driving, hopefully noon):animwink: , departing 10 am Sun 4/15. Staying at Port Orleans FQ. Park Hopper tickets w/WPFAM, and DDP.

This is my very tentative plan so far. I pretty much know what we want to day by day, but need help putting the days in order!:confused: (I know it's early, but we want to want some ADRs). Please comment! I can take it. I especially wonder about Easter Sunday. Should I go with the old "Go to Epcot, It's the biggest and can hold the crowds", or maybe go AK? Somehow, MK on Easter seems like an instinctively bad idea.
MK hours all week are 8 am-11pm so EE is 7 am(!) ("Set the alarm for 5:30 honey")

Sat after arriving: Epcot World Showcase/Marrakesh/Illuminations
Sunday (Easter) DS/Brown Derby/late Fantasmic
Monday: Epcot FW/early dinner Chef Mickeys(via monorail)/Hop to MK/Spectromagic/Wishes
Tues: Typhoon Lagoon (rest by wave pool)/Margaritaville(have car; will drive)- pretty easy day
Wed (20th Wedding Anniversary!!!): MK/Spirit of Aloha/MK
Thurs: AK/Boma - pretty easy day
Friday: Blizzard Beach/La Nouba/Downtown Disney (take boat from POFQ)
Sat: Breakfast at CRT/after that park hop to anything we didn't do yet or want to do again.
Sun: Pack drive leave (ugh)

Thanks for any advice before I book ADRs next week!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Personally, I can't see anything wrong with your schedule (although I haven't looked at the EMH's). We've been at Easter several times - the parks get busier the nearer to the Easter weekend you get then die away slowly afterwards. Our only "rule" was to avoid MK on Easter Sunday

Upvote 0

jim1051

We were there Easter and the week following in 2005. Go to parks at opening, leave after lunch back to one of the parks for Reserved dinner. MK actually was full to capacity 2 days as we left there.

Upvote 0

ParrotheadMinni

Original Poster
I have also considered going to a water park on Easter Sunday instead of a major park. I don't think the kiddos would be willing to wait until the end of the week to see MK, even if the crowds did thin out a little.

It's just not real to me until I set foot in the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

5mins2disney

<TABLE class=AttractionsTable border=1><TBODY><TR class=AttractionsTableHeading><TD align=middle width="21%">Date</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">
Crowd Level
</TD><TD align=middle width="17%">
Best Park(s)
</TD><TD align=middle width="15%">
Park(s) to Avoid
</TD><TD align=middle width="36%">
Notes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=AttractionsTable border=1><TBODY><TR class=AttractionsRowPlain><TD align=left>Sat, 07 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>MK DS </TD><TD align=middle>EP AK </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowColor><TD align=left>Sun, 08 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>EP AK </TD><TD align=middle>MK DS </TD><TD align=middle>Easter </TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowPlain><TD align=left>Mon, 09 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>DS </TD><TD align=middle>MK EP </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowColor><TD align=left>Tue, 10 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>MK </TD><TD align=middle>EP DS AK </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowPlain><TD align=left>Wed, 11 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>AK </TD><TD align=middle>EP DS </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowColor><TD align=left>Thu, 12 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>EP </TD><TD align=middle>MK AK </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowPlain><TD align=left>Fri, 13 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>10 </TD><TD align=middle>EP AK </TD><TD align=middle>MK DS </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowColor><TD align=left>Sat, 14 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>9 </TD><TD align=middle>MK DS </TD><TD align=middle>EP AK </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=AttractionsRowPlain><TD align=left>Sun, 15 Apr '07 </TD><TD align=middle>8 </TD><TD align=middle>AK </TD><TD align=middle>MK DS </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ouch...crowd factor 10....you will need a good heaping dose of patience..and Fastpasses!! Best perhaps to get places early and then spend some time at the pool and stuff...people tell us it's crazy down there that time of year...the roads are so crowded it takes you 20 minutes to move a mile down US-192.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Ouch...crowd factor 10....you will need a good heaping dose of patience..and Fastpasses!! Best perhaps to get places early and then spend some time at the pool and stuff...people tell us it's crazy down there that time of year...the roads are so crowded it takes you 20 minutes to move a mile down US-192.

1) Do get there early - rope drop or very soon afterwards - mid morning is way too late
2) It is crowded BUT the parks are "do-able" with good planning and Fast Passes, we've never had cause for complaint.
3) 192 - If you go yo the parks early then traffic isn't a problem - leaving the parks can be tricky when everyone seems to leave at the same time

Upvote 0

KHockett

Yes, it is busy but we have been on Easter and honestly if you plan your time in the parks - it is doable. And actually quite exciting because of all that is going on. No you can't just walk on many rides, but if you use your fastpasses and plan your time in the parks, it will be great. Also, even though the crowd level is supposed to be "bad" I would go to MK at the rope drop on Easter - see the Easter Bunny - do a few rides and then hop over to MGM. When we went on Easter, we did MK, then Epcot, and finished at MGM. It was a great day - busy but great! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom